Good morning.
I'm not exactly whining but we were again on the phone for a very long time this morning, working on some business.
At least we could understand her accent and could get some of our issues done.
I'm not trying to offend any one but when one is talking serious numbers and information, its hard when it sounds like they are talking under water and the accent is so thick that one can't move forward.
Ok I'm finished now and its on to the Photo Challenges for today and tomorrow.
July 24 : CLOSE UP
These are both from my archives. I just haven't had the inclination to go out in the heat and photograph.
July 25 : FAR AWAY
Well,
That's going to do it for the next few days.
Stay cool everybody
and
Always be Grateful
Always be Kind



14 comments:
I get it on the thick accent. It can be so hard!
Love the beautiful photos!
The succulent closeup is gorgeous! I know just what you mean. It seems like most customer services have been moved to the subcontinent of India!! And this also takes away jobs from here! It is so hard to understand them. Of course they cannot help it, but I think this is something that needs to remain in our country.
I love the green succulent - gorgeous. I have to agree. I am not trying to be mean either - but sometimes it is so frustrating you can't understand or get people to understand you on the phone. Sandie/Chatty
Excellent choice of photos for the challenge. Each of them could be framed into a beautiful piece of art. Oh Sue...I am with you on the accents. It is difficult enough to hear phone conversations and then when you have very thick accent, it sometimes is impossible. I have to sometimes just say, I need to speak to someone who speaks affluent English. You are right...it's more important when discussing business. Sam has some trouble with his hearing which means he can not understand them at all... Maybe the old party lines and understandable english wasn't so bad back in the day...lol. 🩷
I'm so drawn to that wee dew drop, Sue!
Right there with you on trying to understand someone with a thick accent. I don't mean to sound prejudicial, but if you're going to hire someone who interacts with John Q. Public, please spent the extra $ (if that's what it takes) to employ someone say, from Iowa ..... and put the other one in research behind the scenes.
Three great choices, but my favorite is the far away one. Beautiful shot.
Nice closeups Sue! And the far away shot is good too.
That's rough when the accent is so thick you can understand it. I don't get why they hire them if they can't speak English so that we can understand them. So far it's not been an issue yet.
Enjoy your well earned weekend!
I love the photos!!! I understand. It can be hard when you can't understand when discussing seriously and need clear understanding.
Love your close ups! And also the far away, which reminds me, I need to do today! And yes, it is difficult to understand so many of our tech support people (or other issues, financial, etc.). I had to be on the phone with several this week as they kept passing me from one to the other, and then when I had to call back, I had to go through the same thing again. Frustrating, but eventually I accomplished what needed to be accomplished! Whew! I hope you have a cool and peaceful weekend.
I agree with you on the accent. I don't always hear well on the phone to begin with and then throw in an accent where you can't understand what they are saying and it's horrible.
Love the photos.
Companies and some government agencies outsource jobs, labor to foreign countries like India, Philippines. They do this because that way they don't have to pay them medical, retirement and can get away with slave wages. IMO should be illegal, one of the many curses of tech and remote work. The agent you spoke to was probably on the other side of the planet.
It's fluent, not affluent...LOL
Oh my gosh, I so relate to what you're saying. We call and are on the phone for a long time trying to straighten things out, and then we get disconnected or don't understand the person we are talking with. Some people can understand accents well, but it's really hard for me to make out what they are saying. And you're right, no disrespect, but I just can't understand at times. I hope you got your issue resolved. I'm not much of a cactus person, but that is a beautiful picture of the cactus. And flowers and branches and leaves look even prettier with a few drops of water on them. Have a peaceful Sunday, and a good week ahead. : )
Yes, it can be hard when someone has a thick accent!
Post a Comment