Wednesday, October 09, 2024

AUTUMN HODGEPODGE

 I thought I would give it a try to giving my two cents worth on the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

Here is my take on the Autumn questions.

I had no idea today was National Walk to a Park Day.

Do I walk to a park?  No but we have several close by that we walk around on occasion.

Quarry Park


Taylor Creek trail, Lake Tahoe


The question was asked about Central Park in NYC.

Yes, we have been there.  It is a fantastic oasis in the middle of Manhattan.

It's hard to imagine there would be greenery in the midst of this concrete jungle.


A lot of things definitely are NOT A WALK IN THE PARK.  

Taxes, and the state of the USA and the entire world at this time.

I am definitely a FALL on the color wheel.


I love the warm colors and my home is pretty much decorated in them too.



The photo I took and had transferred to canvas on our fireplace mantle.


Our galley kitchen has warm wood tones.


Our dining room area is in tones of brown and warm yellow.


My view from "my office" aka end of the dining room table.


Part of our living room area.
Yes, you can see we live in a Fall house too.


This time of year just makes my heart sing.



Gotta get me some apple cider donuts hot out of the maker.
Oh the fragrance ... oh the flavor ...
Let's just not talk about the calories ... okay? 


Yes ...

And my random comment for today.

Today would be my folks 91 wedding anniversary.  They were married in 1933.

Amazing parents and I still miss them after so many years.

This photo was taken in 1942.


Whew..this turned into a long post, but sometimes it is good to think about happier times.

BE sure to enlarge all of my photos.  They look so much better when you can see all the detail.

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind.



3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love the photo of your parents. So young!

Great photos, Sue…love this post!

Mevely317 said...

How I love this twist on a theme! While I love the Aspen grove, I think my favorites are those of you and Dave -- working side by side in the kitchen, then deep in conversation at the table. "A day in the life."
Your fireplace is stunning!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a beautiful photo of you with the hay and pumpkins. Love your kitchen table. And the photo you hung over your mantle is gorgeous!