Monday, March 11, 2024

TWO MORE SKETCHES FOR MY MEMORIES

 Ok, here are 2 more of my sketches from so very long ago.

These two were done in my senior year of High School art class.

I'm posting them here mostly for me and my annual journal.

Both of these were done in 1961.

Sure makes me feel old when I see the dates in print.



Hmm..I don't know why this came out so dark.  Guess I will have to go back in a fix it.   To be continued...


ok not happy.. will redo these to photos.

Well, lets see if this worked..




well this is somewhat better, except I can't enlarge ABE..
so it is what it is.
Well I finally was able to enlarge the photo.  sometimes my computer has a mind of its own.



Thanks for looking.
Have a wonderful week.



7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I'm so glad you saved these, Sue. Talented, indeed.

Not sure if y'all did this while in grade school, but this reminds me of the times we'd bring something for "Show and Tell."
I even introduced that at my last workplace morning meeting -- to mixed reactions. KIDS these days -- ha!

MadSnapper said...

both are much better and you do have talent for sure. I barely got out of art with a C. I have not one thing from my school days but the yearly pics, mine were way to bad to keep. i really like the lips on the boy

Marie Smith said...

Your art is much better than anything I’ve ever done, Sue. You have talent, my friend.

Chatty Crone said...

Girl you had talent since 1961!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

These are great.
Fun memories.

Sparky said...

Faces are hard to draw. Well done! I've tried but failed in that department. I used to draw horses and one basic landscape scene ... over ... and over ... and over ... LOL I'm so boring. Thanks for sharing your lovely art with us.
Blessings.

Wanda said...

Once an artists, always an artist. You have just changed your pencil to a camera. You have an artist heart and eye!! Love you.