Sunday, October 09, 2022

CLUMSY ME !!

 Yesterday we had a family get together at our nieces home.

We were eating outside by the river..what a perfect setting.

We were have a great time chatting, laughing and eating the most delicious food.

I was helping clear the table and taking some plates up to the house.

Their entrance has a very tiny lip step up into their room.

My toe had other ideas and I somehow caught my foot and went flying....

Flying right into their washer/dryer stack...

Forehead first and down on the cement on my bad knee.

I hit the washer door smack dab in the middle of my forehead ..above my glasses...

They didn't break or even bend..so thankful.

One of the family was in the room and helped me finally get up into a chair.

I was pretty shook up but as assessment showed no broken bones, cuts or open wounds.

Immediately ice packs were put on my head and knee.  No dizziness or double vision..

just pain in every muscle of my body.

I slept well in my own bed last night..

and look like a terror clown for Halloween this morning.

Consulted my nurse son Mark and we were doing all the right things..so PTL...

I will try to upload the 5 pictures we took of Beautiful Me.


These first 2 are immediately after the accident.

I sure have a huge knot on my forehead.




This shot is a few hours later when we finally got home.
The black and blue is starting in my right eye corner



Here I am right before I went to bed..

Such ugly purple.


And here I am at 9:30 this morning.

I look like something from a horror movie.


the right eye is a bit less swollen now at 12:30PM so I think I am going to live....

I have to say I keep finding little aches and muscle strain as the day goes on

BUT

This too shall pass and prayers for my complete recovery are most appreciated.

Sue


13 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad you are doing okay but OMG, that is really a big bruise on your forehead. I'm so sorry that happened to you. You take care and see a doctor if things change.((HUGS))

roentare said...

You looked pretty much badged up with that facial bruising. Accidental falls can be so scary. Hope you have a good day rest up and take things easy

MadSnapper said...

Oh my goodness! Sue you do indeed look like you are ready for Halloween. I can't believe that nothing was hurt other than making you look like a clown in the swelling. Praise the Lord that nothing was broken and that you had no concussion and there was no blood involved! Prayers for a quick recovery I don't think it will last in time for you to dress up for Halloween haha.

Hootin Anni said...

Omgoodness Sue!!! Oh my goodness.

Rian said...

and you can still smile...

Marie Smith said...

Good grief! Oh Sue! So glad it wasn’t any worse! Quite a fall. Take care, my friend!

Ginny Hartzler said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! God was good to you in this instance, for sure!! It could have been so much more awful. Are you taking anti inflammatories or pain killers? I willpray for speedy healing.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh my goodness, Sue. I am so sorry this happened to you.
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you poor baby. That looks like it really hurts. I am so very, very sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh I’m so sorry!!!!!! Bless your sweet heart!!!
Linda C

Rose said...

Oh, I hurt just looking at you. I can only guess at how bad that hurt. I am glad nothing was broken. But oh, I came down to start at the beginning so will scroll ahead and see what is happening now. Seen that this just happened a very few days ago.

sandy said...

OMG how that must have hurt. So glad you have Mark looking after you. Ouch ouch ouch..!!!

I know it will heal and be a thing of the past but I really feel for you..

diane b said...

So easy to do as we get older. Sending hugs and best wishes for a quick recovery.