Tuesday, October 11, 2022

UPDATE ON PURPLE-BLACK AND BLUE

Thank you everyone for all your prayers and concerns.

I am doing pretty good, all things considering...

Thankful that I am not in pain and have slept well in my bed.

My son Mark the nurse has been my go to for questions and advice.

I want to explain something in the pictures I am posting.

These are from this morning.  You will notice some white strips right below the purple on my cheeks.

Mark suggested I keep an eye on the purple progress down my cheeks.

He doesn't want the "blood" to go as far down as my mouth or jaw line.

There is a concern that the blood would begin to pool in the neck and throat.

I would have to then see the doctor immediately.

All that to say the purple is staying at that point since yesterday morning.

My forehead is still sore...my knee is very sore and bruised but I am getting along just fine.

My Hubby is attentive and life will go on.



UGLY

Me without my glasses.





I am posting all of these so I have them for my printed journal book for this year.



To be continued... 💥😁





11 comments:

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh my goodness! I am way behind on my blog reading and had no idea this had happened to you. Now I need to read backwards to catch up and see what did happen. Hopefully the worst is behind you, and you are well on the road to recovery? ♥🙏

roentare said...

This is terrible. It looks as someone has punched you in the eyes.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my goodness! You take care.

Hootin Anni said...

It looks to be healing a bit. What an ordeal. Thanks for the update. Comforting thoughts Sue.

Marie Smith said...

Glad the bruises haven’t descended! This too shall pass, Sue. Take care.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh MY! Continued prayers. And many blessings my dear.

Martha said...

Oh, dear! You took quite the tumble!
Praying for you as I type this.
Many hugs and much love.
-Martha

MadSnapper said...

oh my goodness, your poor face is almost all black and blue. the lines are a great idea. thank you Mark. I did not know about the danger of going to the neck, but it makes sense. so glad your glasses did not break and do damage to your eyes. a friend of mine blinded her self in one eye when she fell flat on her face, the glass went in her eye. so count that as a blessing, that your face will be good to go in a few weeks. hugs

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad your son is a nurse! Yes do keep an eye on that. Again I am so very sorry.
I fell on the 25 of September and got my rotator cuff and am getting better - but it was such a dumb error.
Sending prayers.
Hey I did start posting again IF you are interested and if not - ok.
Love and hugs, sandie

Chatty Crone said...

I got your replies - I lost everything in the moves. Would you send me your email address? Thanks. Loved all your replies. Thank you - we are a lot alike.

skcz@comcast.net

Rose said...

I am so sorry this happened...so glad you have a nurse in the family. Things like this just happen to quickly. Prayers for your continued recovery.