Friday, August 30, 2019

FLASHBACK FRIDAY


I went back into my archives and found these shots from August 30, 2008.

This event was called Gold Rush Days.

It took place in Old Sacramento, CA.

I loved how they converted the streets with dirt and made it feel like the olden days.

Here are a few of my favorite photos I took that day.

It was hard to choose, so maybe I will have to do this one again.




I loved the Western costumes that everyone wore.....

After all we are a vintage gold rush town.




This little guy was having so much fun with his bull whip.

He didn't even know we were watching.




I think he maybe needs to load his gun around the other way.. pretty hard to shoot that way.




This dusty old soldier was great at spinning tales.

What a fun day from so long ago.

Enjoy and don't forget to enlarge the photos.



10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I would really enjoy going to this. I love all things western and those boots are fantastic. so is the photo. thanks for the flashback, a photo is a photo, doesn't matter when it was taken. they all tell stories. the little boy knows about the Crossdraw. that is how they wore the guns for quick draw.. if you go to youtube and search crossdraw you will see it.

Marie Smith said...

That boy would be grown up now. Time slips by...

Chatty Crone said...

Marie was right the boy would be grown up - I didn't even notice the gun! sandie

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is fun to back and look at the archives. The pictures stir lots of memories. Thanks for sharing these.

Shammickite said...

I wonder what that little boy is doing now, 11 years later. Did he grow up to be a cowboy?

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good photos, it looks like so much fun!

diane b said...

Great festival photos.

LC said...

The photos certainly capture the enthusiastic participation in helping create an authentic atmosphere of the period, and I was impressed that they would cover the streets with dirt to add even more to the authenticity.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a fun day and I love the boots.

sandy said...

Those were fun to see. I love seeing things like this. Which for some reason reminds me that it's been years since I took a day trip to Calico Ghost Town. Once hot weather is over I think I'll do that again. Every time we go it's better than the previous time - they add more somehow but it still looks all old and original.