Saturday, September 05, 2026

What's Going On Around Here

 Yay, it looks like whatever was going on with Blogger has been fixed.

It was so frustrating not being able to comment on anyone's blog.

So

I have a bit of story about the "house guest" in our backyard.

Two days ago I looked out our patio sliding door and thought, oh my goodness, the foxes are at it again.

I had previously picked up the traveling yellow rag and glove and returned them to the table on our patio.

There they were again down on the ground!

Rag on the ground and the glove under the chair...


I thought I had better go out and take a picture for a future blog post.

I opened the door and a fox jumped and ran around the corner ... I jumped too.  I don't know who jumped higher.

Took the picture and went back inside.

I looked out again and this is what I saw through the window.


Such a tiny little Kit, looking rather scared and unsure of his self.

I continued to watch him as he climbed up onto the wicker chair and peaked around the cushion at me.


Notice his left eye ... I think he is blind in that eye ... 

Here's a rather fuzzy photo of that eye.


He continued to bed down and remained there on the cushion until who knows when.  He was still there when we went to bed.  Dave and I really thought that he had issues and were going to call animal control in the morning.

That sweet little guy was gone in the morning.  We didn't see him at all yesterday and he wasn't there this morning.

I don't know if he has "family" or has been the runt and kicked out of protective family... Maybe we will never know ...

We haven't seen anything disturbed but are keeping our eyes out for the foxes.

To Be Continued ... 

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind


5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Awww, poor little guy. But that is why he has been moving things around, he is playing! I hope he finds food.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a special story about the fox. That's really something that you saw a fox in your back yard. I don't remember ever hearing anyone have an encounter with one in your area.
You managed to get some good pictures. Poor little fellow with his left eye. I hope he went back in the woods with his family. But now we know the mystery of the yellow rag and glove. Thanks for sharing. Yes, I'm glad I can comment now on your sweet post. Have a peaceful weekend.

Mari said...

I'm so happy to be able to comment again!
The little fox is cute and now you know who's been playing in your yard. Hope he is ok.

Mevely317 said...

PTL Blogger's back to (almost) normal. I'm still annoyed posts like yours are just NOW showing up in my reader.
Honestly, your kit looks adorable. I'm praying he/she's okay, and look forward to hearing more! Hugs!

Rian said...

Love this post and the picture of the young fox. We don't get foxes here, but we have plenty of young raccoons that hang around our back porch. We give them treats... and they come almost every night. Hope the little fox comes back. He may need water or food. His bad eye may handicap him a bit.