Thursday, September 03, 2026

THANKFUL THURSDAY and THE REST OF THE STORY

 Thankful Thursday and the Rest of the Story ... 

I'm very thankful that Fall is finally here !

We are downright chilly this morning.  Chilly after so many days of the high 90's.

Now don't laugh but 64F. feels cold to me and we put a blanket on the bed last night.😮

I am looking forward to this scene in about another month !


And now to the Rest of the Story

Wordless Wednesday


First of all I have to say how delightful and very funny were some of the comments on the post.

ANN ... You made me laugh right out loud!!

These are native petroglyphs in the Calico Basin west of Las Vegas, Nevada.

Dave and I took a hike out to them several years ago.

The petroglyphs are believed to be several thousand years old and were made by at least 6 different Indigenous cultures.  Mainly they were made by the Southern Paiute tribe.  Perhaps some were created by the Pueblo peoples formerly referred to as the Anasazi.  The "glyphs" in my photo were probably made within the last 500 to 1,000 years by the Southern Paiute.

We were so excited to see the many petroglyphs along the trail.  It was like walking into ancient history.

Thanks for commenting.  I always enjoy it.

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind



4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You gave me a start at first because I thought your fall scene was NOW!! Great weather! Today, we are 100 degrees! thanks for telling us about the rock.

Mari said...

It's very hot and humid in Michigan right now, doesn't feel like September!
We saw petroglyphs near Hoover Dam about 10 years ago. It's so interesting!

Mevely317 said...

Cool! I believe there are some petroglyphs near my hometown in NM, but I never visited them. You and Dave have enjoyed some great discoveries.

Michelle said...

Petroglyphs are cool to see. Such history! Thank you for linking up and have a great weekend.