Thursday, August 27, 2026

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 Thankful Thursday and the Rest of the Story ... 


I am so very thankful for my family and friends.

This last week I had two wonderful phone conversations with friends that I haven't seen or talked to in a very long time.

Conversations like those fill up the tiny empty spots in my life.  This is not meant to be a downer or Poor Me.  We all have spots in our lives that aren't quite full because we miss those friends.  I also had some great text "talks" with family.  I love when we can still keep in touch when their lives are really busy.

I am also thankful that Dave and I had enough energy to be out in the backyard and get some of our bushes trimmed.  Took us a few hours because of the "Time Outs" but it did get done, with no ill effects.

Akk ... for some reason I can't download my photo of the bushes now.  If it comes up later I will try to insert it.

Yay, finally did it.  Those bushes don't look like any big deal, but they were completely overgrown and blocking the walkway on both sides.  The 2 bushes in front of the windows were literally trying to send and invade their vines into the windows.  Seems like there is always something to take control of around here !



Now on to "The Rest of the Story"  WORDLESS WEDNESDAY



The picture of the Footsie Wootsies was taken at the California State Fair a few years ago.  Those things were all the rage then.  After walking around for hours in 100+F. temperatures the vibrators always had a steady line.

Did we ever use them?  Nope, but whenever we are tired we always talk about wishing we had a Footsie Wootsie at our house ... 😃😁!!!

I'm always glad when I peak your interest with my Wordless Wednesday posts.

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind





5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hopefully, you will soon have no more yard work! I'm glad you explained about the foot machines!!

Mari said...

Those are wonderful truths.
Glad you got the bushes done. I know it feels good and you will enjoy walking through there now.
I never heard of footsie wootsies. I'm thinking they didn't have them in Mich!

Wanda said...

I still can't believe you and Dave are working in your back yard like a couple of teenagers. Owning a home is wonderful, but it sure does come with a lot of work. I love your back yard, but so do the weeds and bushes. I hope you did take time for breaks, and drink lots of water or lemonade. Surely there are some teenage boys that would be happy to help you. I'm going to put that on my prayer list. Love and Hugs, and please slow down, you are making me tired..HaHa.

Michelle said...

Yard work is a lot of work!! I hope you both took it slow. There are a few times, this summer, where a footsie wootsie would have been great! Thank you for linking up.

Mevely317 said...

Great list! I'm so impressed that you and Dave are feeling up to doing all that physical work. Please keep taking breaks and hydrate!