Monday, August 10, 2026

MONDAY MEANDERINGS

 Monday Meanderings ... 

Hi and I hope everyone had a good weekend.  I know I did !

Saturday was our Granddaughter's Baby Shower.  

We all had such a delightful time together.  Believe it or not there were about 50 ladies in our son and daughter in laws home.  The setting was simple and casual but all the little points of interest made it just perfect.

I took very few photos since I was having such a good time just visiting with some that I haven't seen for a very long time.  I also met a few gals that I didn't know before.  

One special person I introduced myself to was Billy's Grandma.  She speaks a little English but mostly Spanish.  I said my name was Suzan and I was Amanda's Abuela ... Her face lit up and she said with a huge smile on her face ... "I'm Billy's Abuela !!"

We hugged and tried to chat a bit.  It was such a precious connection.

Amanda and her Sweet Baby Bump ...

I can't wait to hold that Bundle of Joy.


Lots of finger food was available throughout the entire time.
That table was never empty.



Sweet cookies with saying on them .  We could help ourselves to them too.
Amanda and Billy don't want to know what the gender will be so there were little sayings on the cookies about wondering who it will be.



Lovely gifts for that precious Gift from God.



A clever dessert item was a baby rattle that had a mini donut on one end and a donut hole on the other.  They all looked so cute.



One special decoration at one of the tables was this mini crib.

This is a miniature crib.  
Billy and his Dad are master craftsmen and are building this exact crib for the baby.
I can't wait to see it in real life.
That will be one lucky Baby !


Now we have to wait some 80+ days for the Big Reveal !!!!

Changing the subject completely ... 

This is a message for Debby of My Shasta Home.

All of a sudden I can't comment on your blog.  I have read the last 4 posts and tried to comment but the message says your Facebook time has expired.  So I went to your email and it says its invalid so I'm at a loss to comment.

Its such a pain !!!

Take care everybody,

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind


5 comments:

Mari said...

What a special time! I love what you told Billy's grandma and I know she appreciated it.
The rattle donuts are adorable and that crib will be so special.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely baby shower. Everything looks so nice. The spread looks delicious, and what a creative dessert idea with the donuts. That's wonderful that they are building a crib for the baby. I love that mini crib on the table. You know, I never wanted to know if I was having a boy or girl. I just waited and was surprised and blessed. That is a cute cabbage patch doll. And lastly, a wonderful picture of your granddaughter. This was a beautiful day to remember. : )

Ann said...

Looks like a wonderful shower. Having fun visiting is way better than getting pictures. I like that they don’t want to know what the baby is until it gets here. I was the same way

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Sue, you can Email me. Its on my profile here.

What a lovely shower with very cute decorations. I'm glad they are choosing to wait till baby is born. I'm hearing more and more are doing this and it pleases me. Of course back when I had mine, we had to wait. It's what makes being pregnant so fun. I hope the trend continues.

Chrissy T said...

Oh, how absolutely beautiful. All of it was so nice!!!!! What an exciting time for them and for all waiting!!