Thursday, July 30, 2026

THANKFUL THURSDAY and PHOTO A DAY CHALLENGE

 Thankful Thursday


Its a good morning !

The sun is definitely shining and its going to be the start of a very Hot week to come.  I guess we will be joining the rest of the USA in all of the weather happenings.

Dave and I are so thankful for something that happened a few days ago.

We had a home appointment with a gentleman from our county's Independent Resource Services.  He was here to check out what kinds of things would help us have a better life in our Very Senior Years.  These services are all done by grants from the State and the actual work is done by professional volunteers.

We are going to be getting Grab Bars for both bathroom showers and additional grab bars for one of the bathrooms.  A shower bench and mats will also be given.  All of these pieces of equipment and the installation work will be provided to us Free of Charge.

The Lord truly does provide for our needs.

We thought that Dan looks familiar.  Turns out that he goes to the same church we have gone to for the last 15 years.  Lots of mutual friends and personal history.  It was really fun just chatting about life in general.  I guess as the saying goes ; Small World !!

Thank You Lord !!

Now on to the Photo a Day Challenge for July 30 and 31 ...

Challenge for July 30th ... SHAPES






July 31 Challenge:  My Choice; 

Shapes and Promises



Always be Grateful

Always be Kind




10 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, how wonderful to get the grab bars and bathing bench, etc.! Those are great helpers. We have grab bars in our bathrooms beside the toilet, and one on the wall as we get in and out of the shower. There is a built in little hand-bar in the shower already, but I'm not sure if it would really hold us in a real situation, but it does help steady me when needed. I am very thankful for those bars and use them frequently. Now, your shapes for today are great! Love the pancake Mickey Mouse! So cute! And then your final picture for tomorrow's challenge is really great. Now you're ahead of the game! I didn't check yesterday if you did the flip flops, so I guess I'd better check! have a lovely rest of your week!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

So nice that you will be getting hand rails for your bathroom. That will be helpful in your years ahead. The Lord does take care of all our needs. Those Mickey pancakes are delightful. Very cool "shapes" photos. And the Psalms verse is very special. I wish you a good rest of the week.

Mari said...

Those grab bars will be very helpful. How special that the man goes to your church. I am sure you were all blessed to get to know each other a little better!
Your photos shapes are great! The shadows are pretty and the mickey pancake is so cute.
And now you are ahead of the game for tomorrow - great verse!

Chrissy T said...

What a blessing. How wonderful!!! He does always take care of us!!!
Love the photos and the promise!

Chatty Crone said...

There are no accidents. I am glad you are getting some care taking done - and by an old friend. Love Micky Mouse too!

Mevely317 said...

What an extraordinary initiative! I'm so happy to hear you're deservedly getting those safety aids ... and at no cost. God is so good!

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Sue, we used their services as well a couple years ago. I'm sure its the same program. You're allotted with so much a year. My good friend had her roof fixed, free of charge. Another had a ramp installed - again free. We had no idea this existed. I'm so glad you have,taken advantage of this service. Its comforting this is available as we get older.

diane b said...

That is good news that you are getting grab bars and other aides to help you keep safe. We have had them installed some time ago but I remember i had to nag and wait for them to be installed. Getting old isn't for sissies but its better than the alternative.

Ann said...

How wonderful that you are going to get all those things that will help keep you both safe.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

All of the safety measures you described will be helpful in preventing falls and provide you and Dave with a bit more security and safety. And, the best part was reading that they would be no cost to you!