Well, here we go again with me running behind and trying to catch up on some pressing business details.
So I will just get to my falling behind ... Photo A Day Challenges for
July 19 (Sunday) BLACK and WHITE
I wrote about our going through our post card collection, both Disney and Vintage general postcards.
Here's a fascinating card that has so much history to it.
The War years, sent in 1942.
This is an item we are trying to sell on FaceBook Marketplace.
The cost of shipping the heavy wooden rack and chips is really prohibitive.
Another Colorful Activity that Dave and I attended was watching the large Hot Air Balloons take flight.
Well folks, that's all I have for today.
Gotta get back to making some phone calls.
Always be Grateful
Always be Kind

12 comments:
Those hot air balloons are something else! So colorful and fun to watch. We had a family room in the house that I grew up at, and I remember having one of those wooden poker racks. That is a classic item. I hope you get some money for it. The old war card is a treasured card. I'd love to see more of your vintage postcards. They are fascinating, and I love old things. Splendid post today!
Oh, I love post cards like this. My mom, daughter and I actually mail each other post cards when we visit a national park or a special place we are visiting. We will mail it from the place we are at. It is a tradition my mom started. We are big into this. I always loved coming across old post cards in antique stores. It is such a treasure. I would love to watch a hot air balloon in person float up! I have always wanted to go to a festival of them. It is always so hot when they have them here though. Great pictures!
I love the hot air balloon festivals, and you got great photos of it.
I love the old post card! And the hot air balloons are always so beautiful, that's a great photo!
Those balloons are sure something!
Just the other day I was looking at my parent's collection of old postcards ... trying what to do with them. You're make me ponder!
They have a hot air balloon even near here every year. I've never been to it but I've always wanted to go
I like the postcard. So much history and they are fun to collect.
I like the postcard and the hot air balloons are beautiful!
Interesting postcard, and it looks like they didn't have to pay any postage to mail it.
Great shots of the colorful hot air balloons.
I think I would love to take a hot air balloon ride!
Oh my, that postcard certainly is special! I wonder if she sent him her picture? I believe my father in law enlisted at Ft. Dix, NJ, back in the same time. Wow. What a treasure! And the poker set is really neat! I love those colorful hot air balloons! Reminds me of the song, "Wouldn't you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?" (Up, Up, and Away by the 5th Dimension). Actually, no, I wouldn't want to ride in one...but they are such fun to see sailing by in the sky! I enjoyed your wonderful pictures today. Such fun! I have a feeling I would love to visit your treasure troves of stuff! You have some very interesting and unique things!! Have a blessed and wonderful day!!
I am enjoying the photo challenge and being able to see the unique photos that are being posted. The black and white picture is interesting. It tells a story in itself of things our military guys went through and still do today. And then, the colorful photos. Love the bold brightness of colors in the hot air balloons. riding in a hot air balloon is on my bucket list. Will it ever happen? probably not because I am afraid of heights. Sue..you selected some great photos for this part of the challenge. Y'all enjoy this warm summer day!! Hope Dave is improving every day... loves..
Post a Comment