Tuesday, August 27, 2024

VERY SAD NEWS

 Tonight, Tuesday Aug. 27, we received heart breaking news.

Our "Nicaraguan Son" passed away.

You may remember my posting about Eric contracting Encephalitis about a year ago.

He never got better, only continually getting worse and becoming more or less a vegetable.

My heart aches for the years he will miss with his lovely wife Karla and their son, Ian.

It seems strange that I have just been posting about our mission trips and especially the 2 times we were in Nicaragua.  Eric was our Nica guide for both of those trips.

Prayers for the family.  Prayers for peace and seeing their way forward at this time.


My husband Dave and Eric having a Heart to Heart in the rickety old bus on our way to an adventure.



Eric and Karla

Eric was only 42.  He had just had his birthday.

At least we have the Promise that we will all be together someday again.  I'm so glad they know the Lord.

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind


11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so very sorry. And he was so young, I'm sure it came as a shock.

MadSnapper said...

This is so sad for you and for his family and friends. He was a very handsome young man, and my heart hurts for his loved ones.

Sandi said...

My condolences. 42. It is not long enough. God bless you and keep yoy.

Marie Smith said...

Sorry to hear of this young man’s death. So sad!

Sparky said...

Oh no. So sorry to hear about Eric. That's so sad. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends. 💙

Mevely317 said...

Yes, I remember your earlier post. I understand your and Dave's hearts are hurting and am including y'all in my prayer for Eric's loved ones. Every day is a gift.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - that is so sad - he was too young. I am so sorry. God bless and take care of his family.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So very sorry to hear of this loss. That is really sad, but yes! We have hope in Jesus Christ that Eric is alive and well with Jesus right now...and someday you and his wife and all who loved him will be reunited. Sending love, prayers, and (((hugs))) to you in the meantime.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is very sad news. Praying for you and the family. ((HUGS))

diane b said...

He was too young to die. How very very sad and what an awful illness. So sorry for your loss.

Donna said...

Oh! I thought I commented on this! I am SO sorry sweet friend!!!
Big Hugs
Donna