Saturday, June 29, 2024

A WORD TO THE WISE

 I have been out of the loop for a few days.

Life got really wonky.

I won't go into great detail but we were victims of bank fraud.  Everything sounded so legitimate.  Through a process all of our money from our checking account and savings account were immediately wiped out...before we could even dial our bank.

No way to recover the funds and we have had to spend hours with bank and accounts.  Friends have stepped up through Go Fund Me and we are in recovery mode.

We just want to warn everyone that the bank never calls you (even if it sounds so right) to tell you there is a possible fraud on your account.  If someone calls just hang up, and immediately call your bank.

For a while I will be on social media very little.

No need to say what we should have done or what not to do... we already know and the damage is done.  It takes a long time to redo everything.

Grateful for all the love, kindness and support that has been shown to us.

You know, the Bad Guys are smarter than any of us on the planet and AI is cloning everything, our words, our numbers,    Everything !  ..Be vigilant... its too easy to be duped.  Even for us old Geezers that have been around for 80+ years...




 I am thankful we in the hands of God.


11 comments:

MadSnapper said...

oh Sue this is just awful, I am so sorry, Prayers for an answer to come and hugs and love.

Ginny Hartzler said...

OH, I'm so very sorry!! This is awful!!! I hope the Go fund Me is able to replace all you lost.

Sparky said...

Oh no!!! That's terrible! That can happen to anyone. Prayers that y'all will recover quickly and the bad guys found and punished. Sending hugs and love! 💙

Mevely317 said...

What?!? I've no (printable) words, Sue. Evil is everywhere it seems. Lifting prayers y'all will soon recover from this nightmare.

Marie Smith said...

So sorry to hear this news, Sue. There are sick people in this world these days! Thank you for the warning!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh my goodness, that is just awful. I am so, so sorry, Sue, and can't even start to imagine what a horrible shock that must have been.
It is terrible to always have to be on your guard and never able to trust anyone.
Praying for the Lord to take care of your needs and help you recoup what you've lost, as well as for the bad guys to be found and made to restore what they have stolen--not just from you, but from the many other people they have victimized as well.

Donna said...

Oh!! I'm SO sorry dear Lady!! Makes me want to stay off of the internet altogether!
Praying things go well for you both!!
hugs
Donna

Chatty Crone said...

I feel awful. Why do people do that? I will never understand. I am so sorry! Prayers and hugs coming your way. Thanks for the advice.

Sandi said...

Praying that the Lord will turn this for your good.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry to hear this. My heart aches for you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello, I am a new reader/follower coming over from Donna's blog. Being a victim of bank fraud is horribly scary. You will be in my prayers. I will come back and visit you again soon and hope that there is a more positive update as you deal with this issue. There are truly evil people in the world. P.S. We have lived in two different parts of California - Central (Merced County) and Southern (Riverside County). We considered moving to Sutter County in our retirement because we have a son who lives in Sacramento, however, as we did more research and visited the state, it was plain to see that California is in real trouble. It is such a beautiful state with some of the nicest people anywhere and to see it's decline is very, very sad and troubling.