Wednesday, May 29, 2024

LIFE IS DIFFICULT SOMETIMES

 My heart is a bit heavy today.

Life does have its ups and downs.

I just got a text from our Nicaraguan "son's" wife.  She was asking for peace and strength.  Her English isn't too good so she doesn't give details.  Erik has an incurable disease and things apparently don't look good.  Its hard to be away from those you love and will never see again until heaven.

Our older son is in Uganda for 2 weeks doing photography documentaries for our church.  He is doing photos and video for the conferences going on in town.  Its difficult for him because they are 10 hours ahead and the brain has a hard time adjusting.  He says this type of photography isn't fostering his creative juices.  Praying that he will find some special people and interesting things to shoot to help the very mundane days sparkle a bit.  I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but knowing our son and his style  and knowing this doesn't feed his soul.  People just sitting in a line on a stage doesn't help with creativity.  I know he will do his very best but I want more for him.

My back is better not well but we are on our way.  Thankfully.

Our younger son's wife is having some physical issues and is going to have an MRI in a few weeks to rule out MS.  Prayers appreciated for her too.

I do know God is in control, but Life seems hard sometimes.  I love these people with all my heart.


Always be Thankful

Always be Kind



11 comments:

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

I'm sorry about Erik's health problems. It's truly sad. I wish there were a way for you to see him again.
Your oldest son and the photography...sometimes God has us sit on the sidelines. God has a plan.
I do pray your daughter-in-law does not have MS.
It's good your back is feeling better. Yes, life can be hard, but God is always good. Just keeping our eyes on the prize through it all is what we have to do.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I'm sorry, Sue. My heart feels for you.
Just prayed for all three of your loved ones in need of prayer, and for you as well.
🙏❤️🙏

Mevely317 said...

Oh, what a lapful of discouraging news! Thank you for laying your loved ones' challenges here at our feet so we might pray. And what a privilege to do so! Hugs!

MadSnapper said...

sorry to hear all the health issues here and afar. I would not like people on a stage either. how boring. that is a long way from home and wow on the 10 hours ahead.
sorry all this is going on and added to the issues we face daily as we AGE..something new every day or so it seems

Sparky said...

So sorry to hear about these issues in the family. If something weighs on our hearts God knows and cares. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." [1 Peter 5:7 NIV] We will pray too. He has His eye on the sparrow, He certainly has His eye on us. 💙

Debby@Just Breathe said...

(((HUGS))) I am keeping all of you in my prayers. May God watch over all of you.

Donna said...

Maybe if your son were to photograph the people…individuals…I’m sure they are a beautiful people.
Praying for your daughter in law! And I’m SO sorry for your “son”! Maybe a Zoom phone call? I know how upset you must be…
Prayers sent!!
Hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

So many to keep in your prayers. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way, my friend!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so sorry. A lady in our church has MS. They have new drugs for it now, and they have helped it so much that she seems almost back to normal.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your family is certainly dealing with a myriad of health issues, Sue, as are you and ir can be even harder when seperated by such distances. You have faith and often that goes a long way.

Rose said...

There is a lot going on that would weigh on a person...and I agree, though I know God is in control, life is hard sometimes.