Thursday, April 04, 2024

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 Where has this week gone?

We're back to Thankful Thursday again.

Last Tuesday I was whining and feeling sorry for myself and some of the financial difficulties we are facing.

The phone rang and it was our next door neighbor saying that they had not seen us in quite a while.  She said you have probably eaten dinner already but she had made more pasta than they could eat.  Stick it in the fridge and have it tomorrow!!  

And that's what we did...

Wednesday morning I get a call from our neighbor on the other side of us.  Hye said I was shopping and thought you might like a chicken from Costco...

I was shocked but graciously and humbly said thank you.

So

Last night we had Shirley's yummy pasta and tonight we will have Chicken Ala Something or other...

Blessed

Thankful

Humbled

And now its time to pay it forward!


Thanks for looking



8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Blessed, indeed!
... and such pretty dishes to enjoy them on!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What wonderful neighbors you have! I have always wanted to try on of those Costco chickens. They are rated as the very best of all the grocery store rotisserie chickens.

Wanda said...

Isn't God so good to use people to bless us. What lovely neighbors! Oh how God provides. And it looks so tasty too.

I finally posted today....you will see why it's been a while.
God is so good provisions, protection.

We're in good Hands, Sue. Love and Hugs.

Sandi said...

Did they know or was this just a coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences, by the way! It was totally God. 😉

Chatty Crone said...

My goodness what good friends you have!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice treat from both of your neighbors, Sue, and I am sure that their generosity lifted your spirits.

Rose said...

How nice that was. There are still a lot of nice people in this world.

I honestly have lost count at the number of times we have gone through the drive thru at McDonalds and had our/Roger's breakfast paid for. I am serious...at least 10 times. And it gives such a mental uplift.

Oh, and at our old hometown, the manager would every now and then give it to us free...because we went almost every single day since Roger's stroke.

MadSnapper said...

I just came from a happy post and here I am at another one. Your neighbors are truly a blessing as are your a blessing to them.