Thursday, March 28, 2024

THANKFUL THURSDAY

 There is always so much to be thankful for.

A few days ago our door bell rang.  When I went to answer it I saw a charming young man standing there.

He glanced at our weeds in the front yard and said  he would like to be hired to do some yard work for us.

Now we really Can Not afford to hire anyone ... but I felt a prompting to continue the conversation.  I was holding a ball point pen in my hand and he looked at it and said Oh Bayside.. I was holding a pen from our former church... "I go there and my Dad works there" said the cute High Schooler.

I said well let me talk to my husband and come out to the back and see what we Desperately need done.

He said my friend and I can come right now and do it for X amount of dollars.

Dave and I discussed it for a Nano Second and said YES.. it was weeds on the hill behind the retaining wall.  Not something We have the energy or balance to do if we can help it.

Long story sort.. they weeded 3/4 of the area in one hour and we got the worst of it done.




Job well done!

Fast forward to today.

Our neighbor across the street came over and "finally" paid us for some things he had bought from us several weeks ago..

The amount was the exact amount we had forked out to pay the kids!! ..

Blessed to not have that chunk of cash missing from our checking account.

Then I am reading my daily devotional.

This is what it said:

I am the God who Gives and Gives and Gives.

When I died for you on the cross, I held back nothing; because Giving is inherent in my nature, I search for people who are able to receive in full measure.

I look for people who are receptive and are willing to being open to be filled with my abundant riches.

When our finances are so more than "Tight",  God blessed us and we give him praise!


Morning Clouds


Happy Easter....



14 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I call that a God Wink for sure!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a story about how God is working in your life!!!

MadSnapper said...

I think Chatty hit the nail on the head with the words God Wink! they sure worked fast, that amount of work would take me days and then days in bed to get over it.. glad it worked out. if the neighbor had paid you sooner you might have spent it and this way it paid for the labor. its rare for teens to ask for work these days.

Sandi said...

😊 Definitely a God thing.

Marie Smith said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Sue!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow! I love hearing those kinds of testimonies.

Mevely317 said...

Oh my goodness! And ... just two Sundays ago one of my friends stood up to share her testimony: The transmission on their car had gone kaput; they had no idea where the $4,600 to replace it might come from. Then, not a week later her boss walked in her office and shut the door. They had a special project in mind and wondered if she'd accept the assignment. If so, they were prepared to bonus Stephanie $5,000! Another God wink!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well that turned out to be a wonderful blessing. How nice to have that done.

Babajeza said...

This is a wonderful story. Happy Easter and God bless! Regula

Willow said...

And you blessed those hard working young men, too.

Shammickite said...

What a nice story.... and now your yard looks so neat and tidy.

Rose said...

What a wonderful blessing...to each other. You met two nice young men and they found some work. You will both remember this in years to come...I hope you get to see them again and tell them the rest of the story. About how tight money was but that you listened to the prompt and how then you were given the exact amount that was owed you.

sandy said...

wow loved reading this. Everyday miracles happen and we just have to be aware of them. They can be small or large but always because they are infused with love they make us pause for a moment and thank God. I have been asking and seeing more and more wonder in my life even when I lapse and have a bad attitude about things like the weather.

Michelle said...

So glad it all worked out in the end! Thank you for linking up.