Wednesday, February 21, 2024

CANDID PHOTO OF A LITTLE "WAIF"

 When we were in San Francisco last month, I spied this little girl.

It was cold and had been raining off and on that day.

The way she was dressed and her slightly messy face made me think of the word

Waif...

I snapped the shot without any preparation but thought it turned out pretty good.

She was bouncing around and having fun with her Daddy.

It was a satisfying candid photo to capture.

Which do you like better ... the one in color ...


Or this one in subtle black and white?


To me the black and white is a "story".... tell me yours...


12 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Count me in the black-and-white camp! When I read 'waif' my mind immediately went to that classic cover of Les Miz ... perhaps, the little girl in the red coat from the black-and-white movie Schindler's List. Arresting.
I can't think of a story off the top of my head, but now you've given me something wonderfully intriguing to ponder.

Debby said...

Black and white is much better for this one. A cute little girl.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

The subtle black and white. It gives it a bit of a vintage look.

Marie Smith said...

I love both! Great choice to do the b&w for comparison.

Wanda said...

Yes, Black and white and YES LaMes and the little girl!! Great shot Sue!

MadSnapper said...

I think the black and white makes the story sadder than the color, something about her face says sadness that I don't see in the color. she is adorable and Waif is a good title

Donna said...

Love the colored one...and at least she is covered for the weather...so many, these days, aren't.
hugs
Donna

Jeanne said...

The colored one has a lovely childlike balancing of the colors, including her cheeks! So nice for a child

Chatty Crone said...

I like them both - but honestly - I do like the one with color. Interesting how the different photos show things so differently.

LC said...

The phrase "living color" comes to mind. The black and white has a poignant vibe of older days. Bravo on a post that stretches my imagination so enjoyably!

Shammickite said...

Sweet photo but she looks too well fed to be a waif. Definition of a waif: a homeless, neglected, or abandoned person, especially a child.

sandy said...

I like them both but the color one is my favorite.