Monday, August 07, 2023

THE CYCLE OF LIFE

 Today we are attending the Memorial Service for a very long time friend.

Xavier was in our lives for over 40 years.

He fought the good fight and is now free from pain and daily difficulties.

He was our choir director , long ago, and just loved people.  He always called me Susanna.  I loved that, it was his tender intimate name for me.

Xavier had 8 brothers and sisters and was the father to 6 of his own.

My boys were fortunate enough to always be a part of their family too.

Bittersweet day today.


I am looking forward to visiting with many friends from long ago.


9 comments:

MadSnapper said...

we are of an age that our friends are leaving us. I am sorry your friend is gone. Like my friend they are both at peace and pain free

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Marie Smith said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Lots of great memories there for sure. Take care, you two.

Wanda said...

The older we get, the more Good byes we have to say. My sister called me yesterday to tell me a dear friend from our growing up years had a masive stroke an is paralized and in a nursing home. We had a group of about 12 ladies we called the Lunch Bunch. My sister is the last one standing! When we moved, I didn't get to go to the lunches. How sad...but makes Heaven even look better.

sandy said...

That's sad but sounds like a life lived well with friends. I know in my life a lot of people have passed. I hope you enjoy seeing old friends.

Martha said...

I am sorry for your loss.
Goodbyes are never easy.
((hugs))

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and for his family during this time of sadness. ((Hugs))

Donna said...

Oh Sue...I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend!
One day...we'll all be together again.
hugs
Donna

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. It's never easy, even when you know they're in a much better place where there is no more sorrow or pain.
(((Hugs)))