Tuesday, June 06, 2023

LATEST PHOTO CLUB CHALLENGE

 First, before I get into my photo challenge, I want to thank all of you for your remarks and questions on my previous post.

National Donut Day and YELP were major factors in everyone descending on our favorite Donut Shop.

YELP rated them in the top 100 donut shops in the USA.!

Also our local Police Department set up booths in the parking lot and had a time of Coffee and Donuts with Rocklin Police.  Its such a great way to encourage local get togethers and how available our law enforcement officers are.

A very Win/Win day.  

The donut place is always busy BUT never with lines like that.  I know the owners were exhausted by the closing.

Tomorrow Dave and I will have our traditional WednesDate and we will get the lowdown on how the day went when we have our usual apple fritters..👀😘

Now...

Our photo challenge was The Sweet Treats of Summer 

After working really hard out in our backyard we decided to call it quits.  The sun was going down and it had been so hot.

We turned on our tiny lights on the patio, made banana split sundaes and totally pigged out! It was a really great way to end the day.



Too many pounds but oh so tasty!


9 comments:

Sandi said...

Is it a local mom and pop place? We have a Krispy Kreme, which a chain, delicious but not the same as a local shop!

MadSnapper said...

that is such a great story, can't wait to hear what they tell you about the day. our police have done several things like this, but at Chic fi La, meet your officers. I have never been to one.
the photo of the TREAT and the gardening tools is really beautiful and a super cool idea

Wanda said...

I would have joined you for that banana split. Life is too short to not enjoy a treat after a hard days work.

When I think of donuts, I remember the fun we had had the Apple Orchards and the delicious apple cinnamon donuts we had there. Miss our times together.

You made the photo of your garden work and treat look so cute.

Michelle said...

Sundaes are a great way to finish off the day!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

And you really deserved it. You both likely worked off the calories as well.

Donna said...

Omggg...I just gained five pounds...lolol
hugs
Donna

Marie Smith said...

Well done! The best summer treat in my opinion!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the photo. Looks delicious!

Rose said...

Oh, my, Roger would go for that! Or used to would have.