Thursday, June 01, 2023

GOATS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD

 Last Sunday we had a surprise in our neighborhood.

We were on our way to church and had to snap these shots from our car.

I love the natural way of eliminating non native plants and the invasive weeds.

The cities around us have "rented" herds of goats to do this job in record time.

This is the first time in the field next to a small park several blocks from our home.





As soon as we stopped the goats began to see what all the attention was about





The next day the goats were on their way to another site for their next buffet.


10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

that is very cool! Goats are curious, as well!

Carol said...

What an amazing idea!

Wanda said...

That is so cool. I wish we I had that back in the day I had to mow our front yard which was huge. I would have rented a goat with my allowance...haha

Marie Smith said...

Yay for goats! Brilliant!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a good way to eliminate weeds and such.

Donna said...

We use goats in our area, as well. So fun to watch!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

my friend in Savannah says they have city rented goats along the roadside to the beaches. its a great idea, and feeds the goats while cleaning. I would have snapped myself crazy, make that MAD, lol

Babajeza said...

That's so cool! :-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Goats are so cute. What a great idea!

Michelle said...

I love this!