Thursday, January 26, 2023

DIGGING THROUGH AN OLD BOX

 Dave and I have been going through old family photos.

There are so many that have no names or dates on them.  

Fun to look at but really meaningless to us.

I love seeing pictures of the clothing of the day and the transportation available too.

Here are a few from this particular collection....very random..

I am posting them so I will have them in my Annual printed photo book.


This photo is of my mom and future aunt and uncle.

Dated about 1926






Ice skating racing in the 1920's

I believe my Dad was involved in the sport but there are no names on this.
Powderhorn Park, Minneapolis, MN.



I told you this was random.
1966 San Bruno, CA First Baptist Church
Easter Cantata
Mom and I front row right hand side
Dave last row right side under the world.
My Dad created, painted and arranged the flowers for the Easter Display
He was quite the artist.


There are a few more but I will save them for another time.

Thankful Thursday


11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The first bunch look so happy! We have many photos from so many years ago, maybe 100? And it is frustrating when there are no names on them, we will never know who they are.

Linda said...

I adore your old photos! They are priceless!!! Especially that first one!

Hootin Anni said...

Treasures!!! So worth the time to go thru them and reminisce. I love your shares....more please.

Chatty Crone said...

The good old days sure were the good old days. Love the first one too.

Wanda said...

Oh I love old photos. What priceless images these are. I especially liked the San Bruno picture, as it reminds me we were married by the same Pastor, many many years before I ever mwt. One the God's graces that we met!!

Marie Smith said...

Love the old photos!

MadSnapper said...

our family was too poor to have a camera, mama got a brownie camera about 1950, we have nothing before that excpet 8 or 10 taken professioanly by passing photographers. I like seeing old photos of any and all, like to see the hair and clothing

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a treasure, Sue, and my husband has a bunch of old ones that even he doesn't know the identify of folks in them! I don't have as many from my own family as my late father preferred taking movies. We have many of the film reels and even his projector.

Martha said...

I have a box of my mom's old photos somewhere around here. And a box of old slides. So many photos and I don't have a clue who some of the individuals are. Only God does perhaps.

diane b said...

Love these old photos. I have been doing the same except mine are in albums and I have been scanning them to add to printed books not as bulky as albums.

Marti said...

Happy anniversary! Thank you for the look at the past. I love those ice skating pictures and those young, smiling faces at a time when the future was about to change drastically, but they didn't know it yet.