Monday, January 09, 2023

ANOTHER GOOD SALE on FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE

 We have been selling things for many years on eBay.

We decided to try to sell some things on FaceBook Marketplace.

Why?

Because many of the things we sell are too big or heavy.  People don't want to pay the postage for sending them.

We have sold three things by having local people come to the house, pay and take them home.

Win-Win for all of us.

Here is the last thing we sold.

Its a "toy" model electric steam engine from 1905.

Its heavy caste iron and was missing just one small belt, which is easily replaced.

$165.00 cash in our pocket and another thing gone from our garage!!!!





And so it goes, bit by bit , we clear things out and get money to go for our property taxes.


8 comments:

Wanda said...

Someone found a treasure in your garage. 1909 was the year my father was born. Unfortunately he passed away at 57 with cancer.

I'm so glad you are able to turn things in your garage into cash in your pockets. Wish I had something worth selling in my storage unit...but we were never collectors. Most of my "debris" was from Thrift stores, HaHa.

Sunshine yesterday, I was able to go to church. It was so nice to hear Pastor Sparks, and fellowship with friends I have missed. Don is still not feeling comfortable to go. Thats OK he knows his body better than anyone else. I don't push!!
Hugs.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A great idea! We would do this, but are afraid of strangers coming to our home.You never know when someone would be casing the joint! Be careful.

MadSnapper said...

wow, so happy to hear you made anothe great sale... some of my friends sell on FB all the time. congratulations on another sale

Chatty Crone said...

You are so blessed - I am happy for you too - that's a nice chunk of change there.

Hootin Anni said...

This is so great!! I hope your sales sky-rocket!!!!!

Linda said...

Win! WIN!! for SURE!!!!
God always provides a way!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That's great

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congrats on both the sale and especially the $, not being a FB user, I have never tried to sell anything there, but have used ebay in past years with varying success. Lately, we have donated or given away items we can tote to places, thankfulky none have been too hefty. Glad you are having such success and may it continue.