Tuesday, January 10, 2023

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

 Last night was our first ZOOM photo club call of the year.

It was so good to be back together chatting and enjoying each other's photography.

The challenge was doing a Still Life of a Few of our Favorite Things.

This ended up being a real bugger for me.

What I wanted to do, I just couldn't pull off.  The lighting wasn't right, the balance was off, 

it was boring and the time pressure was on.

I definitely am not happy with the final outcome.

Love the things I chose but not the photo.




Our friend took this photo of Dave and I several years ago and for Christmas our Granddaughter Amanda painted that picture for us.

Its so special that she would take time out of her busy schedule to make something so personal for us.

The Disney figurines are treasures of ours too.

The Field Mouse is from the Disney film  "Fantasia" It is depicting the song April Showers.

The 3 Disney characters are by the artist Anri and are wood carvings.  I love the amazing detail and wish I had more, but the pocket book doesn't allow it.

So despite not liking how the photo looks, I dearly love My Favorite Things.




10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

you could have posted just the photo of you on the railroad tracks, it is one of my most favorite of all your photos. I am now pondering If I had to do that what would I use. can't think of anything but a 81 pound DOG. ha ha...

Chatty Crone said...

I am but a novice, but I like it!

Marie Smith said...

Love the photo of you both and the painting. A treasure!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You arranged them very artistically. And your granddaughter is a good artist! I would never be abe to paint that.

Hootin Anni said...

Exceptional artwork!! I love it. And I love the mouse!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing a few of your favorite things in this post, Sue. The painting by your granddaughter is indeed a treasure as are the wood carvings.

Carol said...

I love the way you share your favorite things. The photo of you on the railroad tracks is such an interesting photo.

Wanda said...

My dear Sue, you are exposing your hidden talent. I love the photo and the painting is so perfect. I have a sign on the top of my hutch that says "Here are a few of my favorite things." Something are just treasures, arent they?

We actually have a scattering of sunshine today, so Im racing to the Laudry room, as everyone want to get their laundry done before it starts raining again!

So glad you and Dave are able to sell some of your collections to help with the on going needs. Sometimes I happy we are not homeowners, Property Taxes...Yike!!!
Sending hugs

Michelle said...

That photo is wonderful!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Personally, I think the photo turned out very nice.
And you also have a talented granddaughter.