Saturday, October 15, 2022

Good morning!

 

I'm going to change things up a bit and post a photo challenge for last week..

It was called " An Environmental portrait..which I didn't really understand..

Now after the critique i do but thought I would share my photos with you.

This is the one I submitted.



This is Peggie Farris, an Imagineer for the Disney Company.  She's now retired after 50 years  

with the them.

The portrait was suppose to show the person in their environment

The main comment was if I had had her looking my way it would have engaged the person looking at it.

I'm really happy I have the photo anyway.

here are several other photos from that day a few weeks ago.





Peggie is a fascinating lovely woman that found her way into the upper ranks of a company that at it's start didn't think women belonged in upper management CEO type jobs.

She proved them wrong and developed Spaceship Earth at Epcot WDW

and also all the foundations for Disneyland Paris were among her achievements.

Her new book, for which she is a contributing author is called:

"Women of Walt Disney Imagineering" ... 12 Women Reflect on Their Trailblazing Theme Park Careers ...   Disney Imagineering was founded in 1952 to create Disneyland.

ISBN978-1-368-02195-1  copyright March 2022

It was a day well spent.

On another note...

Here's my selfie face photo for today.

My son says I am keeping up with the "FALL" season with my color palette .



Another day in Paradise...



9 comments:

roentare said...

I have never heard of this kind of job before. I am sure her imagination is without limits

Marie Smith said...

Peggy Farris sounds like a talented woman. Your bruises are healing!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Nice photos of Peggy. I'm not sure I understand what the challenge was looking for even after the comment, which didn't make it any clearer to me.
Your face looks like t's healing nicely.

sandy said...

Well I have to read farther down, didn't know you had an injury. Must have been a great day meeting Peggy Farris.

diane b said...

That would have been an interesting job and well done to her for trailblazing women in the industry. Sorry to hear you had a an injury. It looks like it must have been painful.

Hootin Anni said...

Looking good!! I'm happy to see so much improvement.

And the woman shows anyone that the 'fairer sex' can accomplish their dreams!!

Rose said...

I am glad your face is improving... I know that was a lot and had to really hurt. But i am glad it was nit worse..no brokennhip, etc.

Chatty Crone said...

What an interesting job.
You do look a little bit better. ☺

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a creative women and I can well imagine how interesting it must have been to hear her speak. And, I agree with a previous comment that your face is looking better and hope it’s not painful. The arm and leg bruising also looks colorful, even similar to a few I have had in the past😕.