Monday, June 20, 2022

JUST A LITTLE ABSTRACT SPUTTER

 Good start to the day...

We sold two "money maker" things on eBay.

Wrapped and off to the Post Office I go, plus needing to pick up a few things at our neighborhood Walmart.

There's a whole lot of road work going on on the route I have to take to the P.O.

They are putting in a "completely UN-NEEDED round about...don't get me started.

After a delay I finally get to the P.O.  carry my packages to the door and there is a handwritten scrawled notice that says they are out of all important forms and are CLOSED, see another office for service.

So since I am so close to Walmart I go there next.  Shelves are VERY empty and several of the things I wanted to get had gone from $2.98 to $5.00 !!!!

I said to my self..Self...I don't think so....spent $63.00 and came out with 2 bags.. HELP !!! UGH ...

Then I put my frozen stuff in my insulated bag and went off to the other Post Office that's miles of inconvenient travel away.

Finally get there after more road work on different streets.

Pull into the lot and see a white paper on the door..get out to read it.

It says "CLOSED TODAY IN HONOR OF JUNE-TEENTH...

What the Heck!!

I don't mean any disrespect but come on!!

So I am back home with sort of melted frozen stuff , hot because its 90F. in our car, and very unhappy.

So my photo for today is called  ABSTRACT...  or maybe Distracted..







So there you go..my Rant for the day...

Well I guess I have been living under a rock.

I truly didn't know that today was a Federal Holiday since 2021.

Still I think its weird and just another excuse for a holiday.

Sorry if I upset some people but this is my Blog and my Rant.

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, today is a federal holiday, no mail deliveries. I like the abstract, and it suits your misfortunes for today perfectly!

Marie Smith said...

You’d think the post office notices would be consistent at least. If the Juneteenth notice had been at the first one, it would have saved you that trip. And don’t get me started about the prices! Take care.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was a federal holiday either, and was doing my own rant about there not being any mail in my mailbox, and the mail lady must have put it in the wrong box, haha. Glad you set me straight.

Rose said...

The only way I knew it was a holiday is because my daughter pointed it out. I paid $5 for I think 24vounces of cottage cheese...

Rose said...

I forgot to say I like your abstract!

MadSnapper said...

this is the first time I heard it is federal, i live under a rock like yours. there is no reason for me to know holidays and I did not even know it was fathers day until someone on a blog mentioned it was coming on the week end. I rarely go to any place that closes on holidays so can't even find out that way.

sandy said...

Love that second abstract. ..

I didn't know about the holiday either.