Sunday, December 12, 2021

FAMILY CHRISTMAS

 Last night was so much fun.

We had our annual get together for our Daughter in Law's side of the family.

There were over 25 people there.  We were missing 9 or 10  due to work and illness.

We really had a good time anyway.

Usually its a traditional Norwegian meal but they mixed it up this year.

The tables groaned under the weight of a full blown TACO BAR...

Carnitas, shredded chicken, shredded beef, tri-tip and all the fixings that go along with the meal.

We did have the traditional Norse desserts though.

Too Full!!!

I managed to get a few candid shots with my phone, but with that many people it was hard to 

capture most of what was going on.

Lots of laughter, visiting  and yummy food.

Family, friends and memory makings...that's what it's all about.



Peeking into the kitchen as the food was being prepped.



Its good to have a crock pot or two...



Kind of a blurry photo but it seems everyone gathers in the kitchen and around food.



Some of the cousins trying to strike a bargain during the gift exchange.



Of course Santa had to come and the tween-ers and teen-ers got to sit on his lap.



Tante Gunhild is always willing to tell Santa her secrets and give us all a giggle or two.

She does pretty good for 85+ years of age.



Her secrets are out now!!



Willow wasn't shy at all.  She was pretty brave for being not quite 3 yet.



She even rang Santa's reindeer bells for him.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of her sister Paisley age 3 months but,

She was being passed around for many hugs and smootches.  I didn't get my turn!

It was a fun filled evening for all.

I'm glad I got the few photos I did get..I was too busy yakking to get too many.


I just received a few more photos from our party on Saturday night so I thought I would add them to this post.



I'm so happy to get this one... Isn't she a cutie?  Paisley  is so unaffected by Santa.



Cousins Paisley and Melanie.



Fun "Brain Games"... I opted to "sit" this one out!



Poor Santa's legs... Stephan is always a kid at heart.



Lukas and Santa having a deep conversation.



What I really love about this family...age doesn't matter.

Everyone gets into the act.

My being an only child always makes me appreciate more the fact of big families and being able to get together, especially on the holidays.


10 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

What a glorious,happy time. I know family is important 365, but during holiday celebrations are tops!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

It does sound like fun. What kind of desserts did you have?
I was intrigued by that table in the kitchen all the crockpots were on. I've never seen one with all those outlets on it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like everyone had a blast. They have a gorgeous house, even the windows are so beautiful and elegant.

sandy said...

Seeing your photos makes me miss the big family Christmas's we use to have when the boys all lived locally with their kids. Sounds like a wonderful time and i enjoyed the photos.

MadSnapper said...

the perfect home to fit all those family memebers in. everyone looks joyful, and I know you were. that might be the most crockpots in one place I have ever seen

Marie Smith said...

I can’t imagine such a large family. It looks like a fun time.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...love, Love the added photos!! Now, this is what life is all about.

MadSnapper said...

Santa sure got a workout with lots of people in every size on his lap. the baby is so cute. glad you got additonal photos

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, I am so impressed. What a great party/celebration you had. God Bless You and Merry Christmas!

jel said...

love the photos
glad ya had a good time!