Sunday, December 26, 2021

CHRISTMAS EVE

 

Well, the celebrating is done and Christmas 2021 is in the books.

Our Christmas Eve as a little different this year.

Younger son's family live in Oregon so they had their own celebration there.

Our 2 other Granddaughters were with their In Laws and future in laws...so strange to not have them here.

So the decision was made to go out to dinner, dress up and just enjoy the company of our son and daughter in law.

What a wonderful and delicious time we had.



We ate at a place called The Noshery.  Dave and I had the most flavorful and scrumptious

short ribs I have ever had.  We licked the platter clean.

Next week, January 1st is Dave's birthday so we also celebrated his 80th birthday with

a complimentary "mud pie"...oh my...

It was huge and served the 4 of us.  It had a peanut butter crust and smooth rich ice cream and chocolate.

Yummmm...



We then waddled out the door and went to Christmas Eve service at our church.



Christmas Day had our son and daughter in law over for lunch, (DiL's ) homemade chili and oodles of snacks for the afternoon grazing.

Our friends Karen and Lynne came over for Full Blown turkey dinner.  Boy it was good and now

the dieting begins in ernest.

I did manage to remember to get one picture before the meal was all gone.  The table wasn't as pretty as sometimes because we served our selves in the kitchen and brought our plates to the table.  Not so many plates to wash that way.



After  all the food was eaten, we did a craft project.  Sigrid brought all the material and we created our own Gnomes.

What fun...I had wanted a gnome and now I have my own "Original".



I think he's pretty cute if I do say so myself.



They all have their own personality.

All in all it has been a wonderful Christmas season, even if we were missing our loved ones.

And now it's on to the new year and all that it holds for each one of us.


8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It sounds and looks like a great holiday season so far. Best wishes for the New Year for you both.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful Christmas you had!! The dinner sounds divine, and I didn't know restaraunts were open on Chritmas eve. I love the gnomes...I have quite a few myself and these are top notch!! Maybe you can share how to make them, unless it is to involved.

diane b said...

You certainly ate your way through Christmas. Well done. So nice for you to have family and friends there too. Sad about the others. Same happened in our house too.

MadSnapper said...

both of your holidays were special and so glad you got to go out with your son. love the gnomes and what a super idea to do after dinner. the photo of dave and dessert is just precious! and this might be the best photo of the two of you I have ever seen..

jel said...

Glad to hear ya had a good CHIRSTmas , and ya got some good picture. hope ya have a good week!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your celebrations sound like fun. Oh my, I haven't had mud pie in years. Looks delicious. Happy Birthday to Dave! Happy New Year and wishing you all the best is 2022.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your gnome is so cute. Love it.
Sounds like you all had a very fun Christmas.
Happy New Year to you and your family. xo

sandy said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas you had. Enjoyed the photos and that big pie!