Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A FOLLOW UP ON THE LAWN SITUATION

 

After all of my groaning about the lawn

I put on my Big Girl Panties and went over to my next door neighbor home.

I asked if I could borrow his lawn mower after telling him my tale of woe.

He said he would be happy to cut the front and back for me.

This was so hard for me to ask for help..I guess pride gets in the way.

So I thought I would show you how nice the backyard looks now after it's "haircut".



I made Mike and his wife a loaf of banana bread and took it warm over to their house later in the afternoon.

Mike was thrilled and said wait we have something for you.

They had been to Costco and bought us the fixings for dinner!!!

Wow, shocked and very grateful.

We have the best neighbors EVER....

Dave and I feel so blessed.


I also wanted to show you the pears developing on our tree.

I think we will have a great crop this year.... if we can keep the birds away !



Happy Tuesday.




11 comments:

MadSnapper said...

such a happy ending to the story. this means the paid you with dinner for letting him cut your grass with his mower. that is incredible.... you have dear neighbors... so happy for you

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your property is beautiful!! I don't think it is a matter of pride with you. You just hate to put someone out. They shure went the extra mile for you guys though!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am so happy to hear this update. Good neighbours are priceless.

diane b said...

Can't beat helpful friendly neighbours.

jel said...

Glad to hear that!

Marie Smith said...

Lucky you. Your neighbours sound wonderful.

Martha said...

There is nothing quite like a good neighbor.
:0)

Hootin Anni said...

Praise be!!! This is such a "feel good" post.

LC said...

Checked your previous post about the lawn. We have had similar problems lately, too, as our yard man(Hubby) has been having knee problems. Your neighbors are a blessing indeed.

Wanda said...

I love the way God answered your prayers with good neighbors. You don't get unless you ask...So glad you did. And I know your Banana Bread was a welcome treat. I've got several bananas calling out for banana bread...maybe tomorrow. Love you.

sandy said...

just saw where your neighbor helped you - so nice~ And I miss my pear, plum and a lemon tree I had back at my house before we moved.