Sunday, February 07, 2021

SATURDAY IN SAN FRANCISCO

 

Yesterday was such a glorious day.

Dave and I went with our son and daughter in love to San Francisco for the day.

It was one of those rare days with no FOG...no WIND...and the temps in the low 60'sF.

We got our traditional lunch at Freddy's Sandwich Shop.

Freddy's has been the little corner shop since 1926.

Dave and I have been going there since 1963...Dave and his folks ...long before that.

The very best soft fresh baked sourdough rolls and fantastic Italian meats.




Makes my mouth water just looking at these photos.


The rest of the day was spent "Playing Tourist" and taking a lot of photos.

Here's just a few...  more to come in the next few days.






This last one is from the Marin Headlands...

The clarity was spectacular.

Usually the wind is so strong that it's hard to enjoy the view.

Not yesterday..

A real memory builder...


10 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Glorious! The views, the meal, the family together...couldn't be more perfect.

Marie Smith said...

It sounds like a wonderful day and with family, making it perfect.

Martha said...

That looks and sounds like an absolutely perfect day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Amazing images. It looks warm and beautiful . Although, I can’t complain, cause it's nice and war in my house.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful bridge, it is quite beautiful. And this sandwich shop! I could eat those rolls with NO filling!

MadSnapper said...

I saw a couple of these on FB and wondered when you took them. what a great day OFF from this pandemic year... gorgeous! the deli is a place i would like to visit

steph said...

beautiful outing!!!! Lucky you to actually be out in the world!!!

sandy said...

So i'm a little bit jealous - love the photos. We use to go at least twice a year for several years when our oldest lived in Mill Valley . We would babysit the kids while they went away on vacations and the kids were young and stayed with us. I loved it there. So many memories. Then in 2015 they moved to Washington, Olalla - and though I like it I really miss San Francisco. I think we will take a trip there within this year if possible. For you it must be fairly close ..for us it's about 6 hours or so. Sounds like you had a wonderful day .

Wanda said...

When I saw your pictures on fb, I was so thrilled you had a "fun day". You've had so many difficult days, and things on your plate, I was glad for a "tourist" day in S.F. What a beautiful day indeed!!!

Love and Hugs.

Susan Zarzycki said...

My brother lives in San Francisco and just sent me pictures he took from Bakers Beach. I would love to be a tourist in SF! How nice you were able to enjoy spending time with your camera. Thanks for sharing with us.❤️