Monday, January 18, 2021

OUR NEW PHOTO CHALLENGE

 

Here we are again at Monday.

It's actually Martin Luther King's holiday but I'm not going to do a post on him at this time.

Tonight is the time for our ZOOM  Photo Club meeting.

The challenge for this week is "HANDS"....

It's always fascinating to see what everyone's take is for the challenge.

Here's mine:



Hubby and I are "Helping Hands" for a friend of ours.

He has some disabilities and issues so we "give him a hand" when he needs us.

There is a huge Myer Lemon tree in his backyard and he can't pick the fruit.

So

We went over Saturday and finished stripping his tree for him.

The lemons are so juicy but the tree is so prickly.

Fortunately Dave managed to escape the thorny branches and we got the job done.

Anyone want to take up the challenge and show me your "take" on HANDS?


11 comments:

sandy said...

What a neighborly thing to do. And lemons - ahh that brought back memories of my lemon tree at my other house. We also have a neighbor and Mike gives him rides to the post office, grocery shopping etc.

Martha said...

How nice of you to help your friend out. I love your shot for the theme! I remember one from my archives that would work for this one, if I can find it. I'll try to post this evening or in the morning :)

MadSnapper said...

perfect for the subject and good for you and dave by helping and good for the neighbor too, win, win... it is good for us to help others as it is for the person we help... when you do the zoom meeting how do you see each others photos? i have seen the squares of people talking. do you email them to each other? this is really interesting, i have not done facetime or zoom or any of these things

Ginny Hartzler said...

How nice of you! If there were enough, I hope you got to take a few home for yourself.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fresh lemons! Sounds yummy. You are using your hands to serve. What a blessing.

Marie Smith said...

I cannot imagine growing lemons in one’s backyard. Beautiful!

Hootin Anni said...

Awesome photo, awesome to help.
I found a pair of hands and will work on a post for this week.

Martha said...

Mine is up. Thanks for inviting us to share our photos for your photo club themes :)

Wanda said...

A picture is worth a thousand words, Sue and you have captured it here. I love hands, soft baby hands, and teenage hands with long painted nails, and old hand like mine. Full of large veins and wrinkles. I love them because they have served me for almost 80 years, and allowed those hand to serve others too, and now my dearest! But the hands I love the most, are the ones that hung on that tree for me.
Love and Hugs Sue...miss you and Dave...praying for a better year, but only God knows what is ahead.

Shammickite said...

Those lemons look delicious. I have never picked a lemon from a lemon tree.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful picture of your hubby's hands.
That is so nice of you to help out your neighbor. Hope you got to take some of the lemons too.