Friday, January 15, 2021

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

 

I was looking at some old photos of my parents a long time ago.

I thought I would post a few for FLASHBACK FRIDAY.

These are from 1926 when my folks were so young and in love.



I sure wish there was more information on this photo.

Is this an engagement picture?  I don't know...

They couldn't get married until 1933 because of the Depression and all that went along with that.



I love my Mom in her Midi and the white hose.



People did the same kind of crazy things then as they do now.

"Snow Sking" on the lake behind the car....



I'm not sure if I posted this one before.

One of my very artistic Dad's jobs was being a "Window Dresser"

I think this is quite elegant.

It reminds me of how Macy's windows used to be.

Thanks for looking.

Have a great weekend.




10 comments:

Martha said...

I love seeing these old photos. How cool that your dad was a window dresser! I miss the beautiful windows in the old department stores, especially at the holidays. Remember how magical they were? Thanks for sharing these precious photos with us.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those old photos have a special charm. Thanks for sharing these.

MadSnapper said...

My favorite is the one on the bench! But I love all of them. I do love to see these old pictures and it is funny because people still do the crazy things they did back then and I'm sure they did a lot of the crazy things then that we do now that we never knew about. The art of window dressing is long gone. Mother and I used to love to go window shopping on Broughton Street in downtown Savannah back in the forties and fifties and wander and look in the windows at all the beautiful things

Ginny Hartzler said...

They both look so happy in this picture. It was taken a long time before they were married!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my...sweet, nostalgic look back in time. When I was a kid, my brother hooked up the sled to the back of the car and he'd drive, I was on the sled...down the street we went!! And I don't think he was old enough, legally, to drive. But, what fun times. lol
LOVED seeing these images of decades ago.

Marie Smith said...

These photos are pure treasures. Thank you for sharing them!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are lovely. Old photos are such a treasure. Something I don't think the younger generations understand.

jel said...

I love old pictures

sandy said...

Loving these old photos. I have a small collection from my mom and dad's stuff that I got after they passed.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love looking at old photos. These are great.