Wednesday, January 27, 2021

NOT GOOD !!!!

 

Last night Dave and I were in our family room watching TV.

The storm was raging outside...pelting rain and wind gusts up to 55 miles an hour.

It was about 11 pm and I looked toward the ceiling. 

I said hey, that doesn't look right.  The wood on the ceiling has different shades of color

BUT...

So I get up and look, yup there is dampness and the water seems to be coming in along the seam of the wooden beams.

Thus started a 2 hour saga...with Dave my 79 year old hubby climbing up in the attic and going along the ceiling joists coughing his head off because of the insulation.

He couldn't find the leak but couldn't get all the way over by the chimney.

Thankfully its not raining now but we have to get something done before the next storm rolls in.

There is always something!!






$$$$ will probably be flying out the window soon!!

Boo


8 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh no! Call someone. Don't go crawling up in the attic coughing. 😳

Hootin Anni said...

That's downright costly! I hate knowing contracting work is needed. They charge an arm & a leg.

Marie Smith said...

There is always something with a house. Our generator refuses to work. My husband starts it every couple of weeks but it required maintenance. At least we hope that’s all it is. We hope we don’t need it in the meantime. Good luck with the ceiling/roof issue.

Martha said...

Oh no Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can get someone out there quickly to take care of it before it get's any worse.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes, that kind of thing has got to get fixed. i had a major leak in my ceiling about three years ago.Thankfully,I was able to get capable help quickly.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh gosh, what an awful evenng! I hope you ca get it repaired quickly and safely. Keep Us posted.

MadSnapper said...

If I had the money, to pay rent, renting is the way to go. homeowner is not what it used to be. renters just call the landlord, owners have to anti up... SELL MORE POSTCARDS. 🤣
I am so sorry this has happened, the cost is horrid but so is finding a contractor to check it and DEALING with the whole thing

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm so sorry. I will pray about this.