Saturday, August 22, 2020

SMOKE AND UPDATE


Fires are still raging in California.

Thankfully we are safe...that being said ,

I feel so sorry for others that have lost their homes and livelyhood.

The smoke is still heavy in our area and the air is very still.

Our friends that had been evacuated were able to return and their property is okay.

This photo is from 5 PM Thursday night.

One can barely see the town down the hill from where we took this photo.




Our internet went out during a power outage yesterday.

So glad we are back up and running again.

Enjoy your weekend

Be safe

Be kind


11 comments:

MadSnapper said...

sad, but beautiful, and oh so scary! Fire scares me more than any other nature related danger.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry - talked to my sis today and yes they have them too. I am so sorry.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The fires are so scary. I am glad you are safe! Prayers to all in the area. Take care and stay safe!

Martha said...

Beautiful photo, but so sad and so scary there. Please stay safe!

Hootin Anni said...

Praise be you're okay, even with the dense smoke...you have your home & each other. Stay safe and know you're in my thoughts!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Smoke that heavy must be so hard on anyone who has breathing problems.

Sandi said...

It is beautiful in a way, and horrifying.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So glad you and your friends are safe! Hoping for a huge rain there!!

Marie Smith said...

Stay safe you two.

sandy said...

I know we have had smoke up here - but I don't see or smell it where I am. People take photos from Rim Hwy and it's easy to see it. Prayers for all those affected by fire, smoke, the world at large and well everything these days.

Good to have faith that all will, after all is said and done , be well.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, California has been hard hit by fires. My granddaughter lives in California and says the effects of the smoke are even worse than the fire.
Stay safe.