Thursday, August 20, 2020

CALIFORNIA IS BURNING


I know my title will have some people saying that's what California deserves....

But

There are many good people in this State.

This post is not about politics or opinions.

This is about the terrible wildfires happening up and down our state.

We are safe but the air quality from the smoke is unsafe and terrible.

We can hardly see across our street now as the day progresses.

The first photo is from last night about 7PM.

Murky and smokey.




This one is from 9:30 this morning.

Acrid smell and I could almost taste it.

It's only gotten worse as the day has progressed.

We can hardly see the homes down the road.



You can see by the heavy shadows that the sun is having a difficult time.




Praying for all of those in harms way.

Praying for the First Responders.



12 comments:

Sandi said...

"I know my title will have some people saying that's what California deserves...."

No.

Is there any place you can go? Are you sure it is safe there?

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope you are safe! No one deserves a wildfire! Sending prayers for the residents and the wildlife! Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend ahead!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's really sad. Wish we could have some rain!

Hootin Anni said...

I've been keeping tabs on all these fires across the west. My sister who lives on the western slope of Colorado Rockies is having the same issues with smoke from 4 large fires in her area. Bad juju. Stay safe & hope for rain (not flooding, just enough to help put out these fires).

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my! Well, just how close are you? Will they move your way? I don't see how people can say that an entire state deserves this. There are many good people there, not to mention the children and animals!

Marie Smith said...

Years ago we had a forest fire in our area and the smoke was awful. I can’t imagine having to run from the flames.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry you are having those fires!!!!!!!!!! You are in northern CA - right? My sis is in southern CA - are they there too?
God Bless!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Just make sure you are out of harms way. That is so sad to see such destruction .

Linda said...

You do not DESERVE wildfires! Praying for your safety.....That is so scary! Please keep us posted!

Aritha V. said...

O that is awful. I have prayed for this situation in your country.

jel said...

Praying
stay safe
huggs

CheerfulMonk said...

I was born and raised int he San Francisco Bay Area and I have family still living there. It's really sad. :( Take care!