Sunday, August 30, 2020

BLACK AND WHITE CHALLENGE


The Photo Club that I belong to had a challenge this week

It was to post a Black and White photo.

This was my choice...actually it was hard to choose from several I like.




When you enlarge this you will be able to see the seams

and delicate hand work on the life size doll.

I believe the face and hands were made from old nylon hosiery.

The farmer is vintage and can be found at the Larsen Apple Orchard museum.

My challenge to you..

Post a black and white photo over the next few weeks.

It hones the eye into seeing things differently.

I'm going to try to post a different one each day for the next week.

Enjoy





14 comments:

MadSnapper said...

He really looks real at first I thought you had taken a picture of an old man until I enlarged it and looked at it more carefully. It's a beautiful photo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness! I thought he was a real man! Until I read your explanation. Whoever made this is SO talented!!

Anni said...

you MUST be kidding, right? This isn't a real person? I am speechless. I'll try and take you up on your challenge, but don't know when. I'll let you know.

Chatty Crone said...

He looked real to me until I got up close!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is very well done work.

Marie Smith said...

I thought is was a real person! Wow.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He certainly is interesting! I love black and white photos.

jel said...

it looks so real,
I love black&white photos
good job :)

Hootin Anni said...

PS...I haven't forgotten your challenge, and created a post with two B/W images. Scheduled to be published on Thursday. Hope you're doing well Sue.

Linda said...

Amazing! Looks very real to me! amazing how REAL the artificial things can be....I'm sure there's a moral in that story....

Ann said...

WOW, I would not have known that was a doll if you had not said so. It's truly an amazing work of art.

Martha said...

Wow, this is fantastic!

happyone said...

Wow I thought he was a real person too. Amazing.

sandy said...

Sue this photo is great - wow, love that face.

I will post one probably tomorrow.