Tuesday, July 07, 2020

PLUM PICK # 2


Dave and I picked the last of our Santa Rosa plums yesterday.

We've had so many that our son came over and picked a bunch.

Then a good friend dropped by and picked a bunch too.

The hardest part is the peeling, pitting and chopping...

I am so DONE !!







These are all in my fridge right now...ready to be made into more jam

Some will be used to make Plum Kuchen.

Dave's Mom gave me her simple recipe years ago.

Makes my mouth water thinking about the tasty cake with a dollop of Cool Whip on it.

So not on my diet but this time of year just begs for goodies.


11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Yummy. Reminds me of the plums we picked from my aunt’s garden.

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are so beautiful, just perfect. I loved your idea to decorate my grater seasonally. I had just never thought of that! But I am going to do it!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those plums make my mouth water. They look so good.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They look delicious. So much work....way to go!

Chatty Crone said...

That was a gorgeous photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandi said...

They look like Christmas ornaments!

Hootin Anni said...

It's been decades since I've had kuchen!! Now, I'm drooling. Beautiful images...a work of art.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh yes .. beautiful plums, nice to have helpers with the picking. And surely calories don’t count when dessert is made from fruit you picked yourself? (I can’t wait to help my daughter and SIL pick their blueberries ...any day now.)

MadSnapper said...

I grew up on the feast or famine thing! At certain times of the year we had more vegetables and fruits than we could eat and at some we had none but we always had the ones that Mama canned during the feast. Which is what you're doing these will taste good when the winter comes

Wanda said...

Yes, It does beg for goodies. I made my Fig Bars today, and they turned out delicious. I will post a picture tomorrow and the recipe.

sandy said...

I'm always amazed when people make jams and jellies and can food. It's something I doubt I could do as I've never been exposed to it in my family however, I think it's really great ... and those plums look so good. I see that more and more people on the blogs I visit, can their own food or make their own jellies.