Friday, July 17, 2020

FLASHBACK FRIDAY


FLASHBACK FRIDAY

It's Friday again...

The weeks seem to be rolling around so fast....

Maybe it's because I don't know what day it is most of the time.  😊

I finally got around to uploading or is it downloading a few more photos

of a "younger " me?....

This is mostly for my yearly journal book. 

I'm hoping my Grandkids will enjoy seeing how life was

Way Back When...




This is 4 year old me with my Daddy in the background.

We lived in a tract home built right after the war.

By the time we moved, about 9 years later

there were many more homes built in that empty area.

I think there is something to the saying of "you can't go home again"

Many years later when Dave and I were married we went back to my old home.

It had turned into an awful place, so rundown and very, very scary.

We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Never been back and sure don't want to.

What was a wonderful place for growing up is now just a memory for me.




10 comments:

sandy said...

it's so fun to go back in photos ...and usually more fun looking at photos than actually going back. What a cutie you were. I remember in 1960 moving to california my parents bought their first home whihc was a new tract housing development. I swear if I remember right it cost like $7,000 ... very modest at the time.

Sandi said...

There are so many things I would ask my grandparents if they were still here.

We have a recording of them talking about their school days. I treasure it!

Wonderful photo. 😊

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have experienced the same thing. Wow, you were so CUTE!! Looks like you were both working in a field of flowers.

Rian said...

I also did this - returned to our cute little house where I grew up several years ago. Sorry to say it was in a sad state. Very depressing. Mom kept it so well when we lived there. Hard to believe it was the same place.

Hootin Anni said...

How sweet ... cute little darling girl, you were. Remember the adage...you can never go home again (or something like that)

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are so cute. When i think of the home I grew up in, i almost shudder. oh, mom kept it clean and we were loved, but mice were common and it was just plain very old.

Marie Smith said...

What a great photo. Such a cutie. Neighbourhoods sure can change over a lifetime.

MadSnapper said...

I have enjoyed meeting the younger you. I do like flashbacks! I think what you posted here is what they mean when they say you can never go home. Our home from the past is our memory of that place and the things that went on there and even if the house is still standing it's just never the same. The house I grew up in was bulldozed by the government and eminent domain

Wanda said...

Sweet picture, Sue. My dad built the house I grew up in. Later when he passed and my mom couldn't take care of the 1/2 acre, and moved into a mobile home, the buyer of the property let it go completely bad. Looked like a use car lot, or better still a junk yard. I hated to even go by it. Fast forward, a few years ago, a nice couple bought it and restored it back to the way it looked and added lots of green lawn. What a blessing.

diane b said...

That is so sad when you return to your old home of childhood and it is disappointing.