Wednesday, October 23, 2019

TREASURES FOUND


Yesterday I was in the garage rummaging through some storage tubs.

I finally found an album I had been looking for for a very long time.

Here are two of the treasures that surfaced.




This is my Dad in his pride and joy.

The year is 1931.

Daddy is just 25 years old.

Isn't he Dapper looking?




This is my Mom.

She was 22 at the time,  two years before they were married.

I love her hat and gloves.

I will post more at a later time but I am thrilled to have these for my memories.



11 comments:

MadSnapper said...

these are amazing, and such wonderful memories of them... I love the old cars and it is like time traveling. so glad you found them

Marie Smith said...

Ahhh...such great photos. Your parents were so young.

Chatty Crone said...

You are so lucky to have found them - wow - they were wonderful!

LC said...

What a treasure! Those photos are priceless and your parents were a lovely pair! I will be MIA for awhile. When I just now tried to access my blog, a message from our Internet provider said it could not be found! ???

Ruth Hiebert said...

They look well preserved. Yes, those memories are priceless.

Magyar said...

__ The past is within us. I have my parental photos of that era, and I see the colors of then; this a senryu, quickly generated by memory. _m

black and white photos
paint memories in color
their dance of times brush

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How awesome to find the album! Love the photos.

Ginny Hartzler said...

True treasures!!! I knew he was your dad before I even read it. They are both so young, beautiful, and fashionable.

Jan said...

What treasures!

Shammickite said...

I wonder what make of car that is.
Your dad looks like a junior gangster!!!!!
That was the era when everyone wore a hat, and I think the ladies in hats and gloves look so elegant!

Shammickite said...

Thanks for the info about the car. I wonder if he bought it new, and also I wonder how much a car like that cost back in 1928. Your dad was probably very proud of his car and kept it clean and polished all the time. And it was probably black!