Friday, July 05, 2019

OUR HOUSEGUEST


We were asked to dog sit our Granddogger for a few days this week.

It's always interesting since we don't have any pets of our own.

I'm so grateful for the pleasant weather.  It only was in the 80's F.




Snicker-doodle spent a lot of time either snoozing on my feet

Or getting lost in the color of the carpet...(:0)





She loved laying down beside me while I read out on our covered patio.

I think her shy smile is pretty cute.

She liked to chase the squirrel that "invaded" her space.

I don't think Snicker would know what to do with it if she ever caught it.

13 years old and counting.

Slowing down, as some of us at a certain age tend to do.

She's home now and the house seems strangely quiet.


10 comments:

MadSnapper said...

dogs are so much company. when Jake died, the week we were just the two of us, we nearly went crazy, it was our first time in the house without at least 1 dog or 2 or 3. it was like a tomb. Snickers could easily blend in with the old time shag rugs.

Linda said...

Your granddog looks like a real sweetheart! We don't have any pets of our own right now and I'm not sure if I will ever have any....but I do enjoy other people's!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

She is cute.

Ginny Hartzler said...

She is just lovely. So nice that you can dog-sit her once in awhile.

Chatty Crone said...

Shed is a real cutie and looks like she likes it there - she sure does match the carpet!

Marie Smith said...

Love those grand-dog visits here too.

Shammickite said...

Having a grand-dog is a lot more fun than having a dog! And they can be returned to their home once the dog-sitting is over..... perfect arrangement!

Shammickite said...

Did you feel any of the recent earthquake tremors? I'm not sure how far you are away from Ridgecrest.

sandy said...

she is so pretty - what a sweet looking dog. I have a cat with attitude - how I would love a dog!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She is so cute. Our dog Skye is 10 years old and I wonder the same thing if she ever caught the bunnies that she chases.