Wednesday, January 30, 2019

MORE PHOTOS OF FOCUS OF A CHILD INDIA 2019


Here are some more photos taken by my son and granddaughter.

It was a no school day in Howrah, India.

The Focus of a Child India 2019 team went on a walking tour of the Flower Market

and points of interest along the way.




On the way to the market.

People bathing in a tributary of the Ganges River.




Amazingly in all of the crowded conditions there still are places of calm and quiet.




Then again

All is not peace, quiet and clean air....

My poor Granddaughter....



Please enlarge this one.

People sleep when and where they can.




I find this fascinating.

What ever works and it probably gets through the streets a lot faster than a car or truck.




Ummm...no thank you...

Not my kind of sidewalk cafe....




The local "laundry".




How about another tasty treat?




So much color and different style of dress.

Glad to see my Granddaughter had her hair tied up.

Not quite such an advertisement.

Of course, the color of her skin is pretty obvious.

I'm so glad I can show you these photos that my son took.

Enjoy...



4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You can certainly get a sense of the culture from this photo series. Great photos!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures. I can't say that the street cafe is to my liking. I used to want to be a missionary in Africa,guess I would have had to learn to accept the different conditions.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, your granddaughter has gorgeous flaming hair. So crowded and seemingly desperate. Both interesting and sad. I do love their bright colors though.

MadSnapper said...

total opposites in that last photo. I was fretting over her safety then realized her dad was taking the photos. I have been looking at every photo they post on FB and they are amazing and also very sad photos. but I do see joy in the faces of the children.