Thursday, September 24, 2026

THANKFUL THURSDAY and the Rest of the Story

 THANKFUL THURSDAY 

and The Rest of the Story ... 

I might as well get right to my previous post first of all ... 

I guess the foxes or fox were at it again.

We hadn't seen any signs of the Kit or other family members for 4 or 5 days.

Tuesday, (which I failed to grab a photo) there was in the very middle of our backyard lawn a white garbage bag torn open and a few pieces of garbage strewn by it.  None of the contents were anything that we have.  By it was "scat".  We hurriedly cleaned it up and disposed of it.  How did the bag get there? The only entrances to the yard are either over the fence or through very tiny spaces near the ground.

Forward to Wednesday and Dave was getting ready to mow a bit of the lawn.  There in the Same Spot that the bag had been on was a dead mole.  

Don't those hands , claws look human?


A little bit further was what we believe to be ... a very Ugly Rat ... also dead ... 

Do you see what's beside it?

Its My Goggles that I use when weed whacking!

I had put them back on a little table we have on the patio (where they were the First Time they disappeared. )

See photo from a few posts ago.

Neither critter looks chewed on and like Debbie from My Shasta Home said ...

Where is the vulture when you need him?


In all of our 19 years living here, there have never been rats or moles in our yard.

Don't know why they weren't eaten or why they were in the Middle of the yard exposed to everything, and what's with the goggles next to the rat?

In looking further I found the Orange Garden Glove again out to the edge of the lawn.  That had also been back on the patio table next to the goggles!

The poor critters were disposed of and we see no new mysteries out on our lawn this morning.

Maybe they were "Gifts" from the poor little Kit, as Pam suggested .

No - I sure don't like these kind of gifts and I have to admit it does make me feel a bit creepy.

So 

This is Thankful Thursday and I am thankful for all of God's creation ... 

BUT

I really don't want things like Rats or Moles in my yard close to us ...

I'll just end with one of my pretty fall photos. 


Always be Grateful

Always be Kind


1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The flower is gorgeous, perhaps a Zinnia? As to the goggles, there is a term called pack rat, and I think that must be what has been happening to your things. Rats will take anything and hoard it.