Monday Meanderings ...
I hope you all had a good weekend.
We are pretty tired from this past week.
Dave was able to do some yardwork in our backyard. It took an entire week to get the lawn mowed. He would cut one swathe and have to sit down for a while and I got busy with the weed whacker and between the two of us we got the 3000 ft lawn done !!!
enlarging the photo will show our overgrown grapevines at the back of the lawn.
After all the lawn work we pruned back the grapes for the winter months.
The grape vines are rather ugly now but that job is done too.
Next on the agenda is pruning back the fruit trees.
One plum tree down, one pear and papple tree yet to go.
Going to hunker down for a few days and recoup before getting back to business.
Our Green Waste can is full now but after the garbage truck comes we will have no excuse to begin filling it again ...
So grateful for the tiny spurts of energy and making our yard look more presentable again.
Last evening around dusk time I went out and caught the beautiful evening sky.
It was so pretty and the temperature was just about perfect.
So that pretty much takes care of my meandering today.
Always be Grateful.
Always be Kind.





10 comments:
It all looks so nicely manicured! What are the pretty pink flowers? You both must be on aspirin by now!
Yard work is some hard work! Glad you are both taking some time to recover!
Your yard looks very nice. You both have done a lot of work out there. It's a great feeling when we can see the end of the project. You have a big back yard, so that is quite an accomplishment. And what a pretty sky photo you took in the evening. Have a splendid week! Can't believe October will be here shortly.
**I'm with you on the cropped tops. I never liked them, even in my younger days. I have to have something covering my whole body, especially in the cold winter months. ; )
Yard work is not easy! Good for the two of you for tackling it in bite size pieces. And I know you look out and are so happy with what you did.
Wow! I am impressed! And thankful to God for giving you both the strength to do what you did. I know that wasn't easy. Now, let your muscles rest and heal up. That was a LOT of work! But Praise God you were both able to do what you did! Amen.
Whew, that's some big footprint to keep! I'm glad to know y'all are giving yourselves plenty of breaks between. Baby steps still count.
That looks like a lot of work. I don't know how you do it.
Beautiful capture of the sky.
I am so pr oud of you two - just keep plugging along girl. Looks great!
That's how I have to tackle jobs these days. Do a little bit then rest for a while.
That made me tired just reading about your yard work. That is the reason we sold up and moved into a village. It was because the yard work was getting too much for me.
Post a Comment