Monday, August 17, 2026

MONDAY MEANDERINGS

 Monday Meanderings


I guess I have been feeling a bit down in the dumps lately.

This isn't meant to be a Pity Party.  I just have to write this all out to get my brain back in gear ... 

A week ago, at our granddaughter's baby shower, I was chatting with our niece and going on about really missing all the serving we used to do at church and all the people that have passed away or moved away.  She said that it sounded like I had Lost My Community.  That resounded with me and I have been chewing on it since then.  It has been a different kind of lonely but instead of doing something about it, I began to isolate myself.

Fast forward to Thursday when we had our impromtu small group bible study group come to our home.  This was after 3 months of not seeing each other, due to health and being unavailable issues.  Thank goodness for texts.

This was like family and we really caught up on life.  This group has been meeting for about 14 years at our house.  Its the safest place to share anything...

By the end of the time 2 different ladies suggested having a Girls Day Out.

Those days are in the works now ... that really fed my soul.  God sure knows what we need.

So I have picked up my big girl panties and am Running the Race again.  Not knowing what I can still do or what the next adventure will be ... God wants us to Finish the Race, not because we are the strongest, fastest or the most gifted,

But because God will give me ... us ... the strength to keep going.

He is not standing at the finish line waiting for me ... He's running with me.

This is not the end of my story , Brighter day are ahead

Keep Running

Don't Isolate  Reach Out ...

Let people "Love You"

One Step at a Time

One Day at a Time

So

Happy Monday 

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind




3 comments:

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Praise the Lord! Sue, You’re still priceless and perfectly capable of serving God- just ask Him! I did, and it was like my life went from black-and-white to full technicolor. (That kinda dates me) Sometimes we just forget to ask. And remember, John was pushing 90 when he wrote Revelation, Moses started his mission at 80, and Noah? Truly a walking historical landmark at 500+ years! My husband and I were just talking about it this morning. Where in Scripture does it say we retire? Nowhere! Retirement is not a biblical concept. lol

Ginny Hartzler said...

I also feel more isolated as I get older. But now that your group is planning things, I hope this is a big help!

The Happy Whisk said...

So happy you're gonna do a girls day out. Sounds perfect.