Sunday, October 20, 2024

SUNDAY ... SUNDAY ...

 Good morning from the West Coast .

We missed church this morning since I will be doing extra caregiving time today for my friend Lynne.  Her daughter has to work today so I'm on duty.

Its always more difficult when routines change in the Alzheimer world.  Prayers appreciated.

Mark thanks all of you for his Birthday Wishes.  He, Kellie and one of the step daughters have gone on a short cruise to celebrate their anniversary and his birthday.  They desperately needed some time away to be together and leave the stresses behind for a while.  

Fall is trying so hard to start but we need a few more chilly days to get the process rolling.  We did have to put a blanket on the bed this week.  Mornings are a bit cool.

The sweet gum tree is really trying to change color before it drops its leaves.



The Harvest moon a few nights ago.



Our other tree hasn't decided to become fall yet.

So this is mostly what I am seeing.  They are still pretty in their own way.


Have a great week.

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind


5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sending prayers your way. Hope they enjoy their cruise. Love the leaves. We seldom get color here. They just dry out, turn yellow and fall to the ground. Great shot of the moon. You have a wonderful week.

Mari said...

It's looking similar here. We went out driving yesterday and saw some pretty color, but it's not peak yet.
I love your moon shot!

Chatty Crone said...

Sweet of you to take care of your friend - that is church to me. The cruise sounds fun. Our leaves just turn brown - no pretty reds here either.

Sparky said...

Sweet Gum is a pretty tree in the Fall.
You are so kind to be caregiver for a friend. Like Chatty said, that is Church right there. We minister to others. That's also our calling along with sharing the Gospel.
I almost missed Church today only because of laziness. Couldn't seem to get motivated but once I was there it was all good. Glad I went.
Blessings.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The moon has a large aura around it. The leaves remind me of some flowers which are yellow in the center and orange around the edge. I don't think I have ever seen this kind of tree leaf.