Thursday, September 19, 2024

MORE SAN FRANCISCO MEMORIES

 Sorry I have been AWOL for a few days.  The coughing has been a pain but now we are feeling a whole lot better.

I thought I would share a few more photos from our trip to San Francisco a few weeks ago.  I finally got them off my phone and on to Picasa.

This first photo is of the Casting Ponds in Golden Gate Park.  There has been extensive work done in the Park and it looks amazing.

There are 3 cement ponds that anyone can practice their casting in.  Beautiful setting and a great place to learn how to Fly Fish.


Many new trails have been constructed and lovely burbling creeks are running through the old growth.  Its the perfect way to get one's "steps" in while enjoying the great outdoors.


And of course...

There have to be California Golden Poppies brightening up the area.


Thankful Thursday

Always be Grateful

Always be Kind


5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Such a peaceful setting! Beautiful!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful photos. I always love when I get to see poppies.

Mevely317 said...

That park looks so lovely. I never heard of those cement ponds, however ... what a great idea!
Thank you for checking in today; I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Debby said...

When I hear the term cement ponds I think of Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies. lol

https://youtu.be/v3c9upXVQ0M?si=_0rHE7o6W3jVPVaQ


MadSnapper said...

our sad world is in need of kindness, seems the opposite is now true. that is a beautiful place to visit, read a book, wander the trails and for those who want to casting. I would like to watch and make fun of the way they cast, ha ha