Wednesday, February 28, 2024

A CONVERSATION WITH A STARLING

 Yesterday I was browsing some wonderful blogs and came across Sandy's blog Big Little World.

She was talking about some birds and their colors and very vocal chattering.

It made me think about an incident last month.

The family and I were having our lunch on the San Francisco Presidio grounds.

The Bold critters wanted our sandwiches too.

One came to our table and Dave and he had quite a conversation.

My Hubby would say something to it and it would answer back in a vast variety of songs, chips, and twitters.

Finally we had to shoo him away along with other curious birds.  

Too much competition for our sandwiches.





This guys feathers are almost iridescent in the right light...

Unfortunately the gray and slightly drippy day didn't do the Starling justice.

A fun memory.


11 comments:

Sparky said...

That was really cute. I do enjoy our wild birds. They're better than TV. lol We must spend hundreds of dollars every year feeding 'em.
New follower! Thanks for following me.
Blessings from Georgia. 😊

Debby said...

I love watching birds or any wildlife. Very sweet story.

Mevely317 said...

I agree, our birds are better than what's on television. They're characters, every one!

Ginny Hartzler said...

We are currently reading "Mozart's Starling". Mozart found him in a shop and the bird was singing one of his songs. He bought him. Starlings are so smart and can talk and sing.

Wanda said...

Oh Sue, what a PERFECT shot. He's adorable...and the bird is cute too. HaHa

Chatty Crone said...

He was close to hubby - quite bold. I just got bird seed, a pole, and bird feeder for my birthday. Rick put it out today. Do you like bird watching?

Sandi said...

Magnificently attiired. His taylor does good work! ;-)

MadSnapper said...

I would love to talk to a starling, i talk to squirrels, lizards, any critter that looks at me. I also tell stories to Beau, he loves his stories.
this is a really handsome starling. once we were at a picnic table at the each, in the shade eating burgers and fries. I was looking at bob eating and talking and he started to smile and look beyond me, i turned to see a squirell about to sink his teeth in my french fry i was holding like a wand. i gave it to him and another one but explained there were not healthy. ha ha

Marie Smith said...

It does look like Dave and the starling are in conversation. Great capture, Sue.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a cute story you shared.

sandy said...

i love Starlings. I follow some instagram accts where starlings actually talk so clearly. How fun to have some time with them and converse.