Tuesday, January 16, 2024

TWO GREAT EBAY SALES

 The last few days have been good for us on our eBay site.

We sold 2 things for a great amount of money (for us).

The first was this Burlingame Brand coffee can.




This is a coffee can from the 1940's.  I believe it was Dave's Mom's pins and needles holder we found in her sewing room many years ago.
The can is from the San Francisco, CA  Bay Area.
All that to say that there is something for everybody.
I posted it up on eBay for $50.00 and said we would be willing to accept an offer.
Ten minutes after posting the can we got an offer for $53.50
Hmmm, didn't take us much time to accept his offer...
Now this gentleman is the proud owner of "an Old Tin Can"...and we have money in our checking account...

The second thing that sold is a Copper and Ceramic Double Boiler, also vintage.
After many months of posting it and removing it for lack of interest..it sold last night.
We had a bidding war between 2 ladies.  The starting price was $35.00
Ending price was $65.00 ....Yay for us.  It's really heavy and going in the mail today.


As I said before...there is something for everybody.
Sometimes one just has to make the right connection.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.


10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, congratulations! I am assuming it took quite a bit of work for you to research the value of them. And boy, did it pay off!

MadSnapper said...

that is fantastic! so happy for the sales. hope it is getting easier to post them and mail and deal with the sales than it used to be

LC said...

I admire your ability to navigate eBay and come away with additions to your budget. Congrats to you and Dave! LC

Marie Smith said...

Great sales! Well done!

Michelle said...

You never know what people will like! I am glad you sold these items. I have been considering selling on ebay. Thanks for linking up.

Donna said...

How wonderful for you!! I suppose I should begin to let a few of my collectables go...the kids don't want it.
hugs
Donna

Shammickite said...

Does the customer pay the cost of mailing the heavy item? Or does it come out of your profit?

Chatty Crone said...

I am so happy for you - two in a row and pretty good prices. Hope you got extra for shipping the pots.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is always nice to sell something and better yet to get more than you had hoped for in the first place. I have also sold on ebay but not in recent months when I have been a buyer instead. I hope that you sale for the double boiler included the buyer paying the shipping cost, Sue, especially with USPS postal rates ever increasing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go!