Sunday, June 11, 2023

MONDAY SOMETHING

 It has been a very busy 3 or 4 days.

Nothing earth shattering, just busy.

We are back for the month of June serving dessert at Celebrate Recovery...

That retirement didn't last very long!  The people in charge had to go help their daughter in law because of surgery and then they are going to be gone celebrating their 50th anniversary.

So

We stepped in ...because that's what we do!

I have had some extra days of caregiving for my friend Lynne too.  That's always exhausting as her Alzheimers progresses.

And

we are still at  the work of weeding our "Jungle".  Eventually it will get done but ,

oh my its hard work.  Forgot to take progress shots.

So I dove back into my archives just to post some pretty photos.

This is where I wish I was without a care in the world.


Our sky has been threatening but nothing has come of it.




The iris are blooming their heads off in someone else's yard
No pretties around here...just weeds.


Thanks for looking and leaving a comment.


7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You sure deserve a long rest!! Well, being active is good for us seniors, and you sure are active! How wonderful that so many people have you to count on.

Donna said...

Praying for you both and your friend, Lynne! I know you're tired...
Hang in there my friend!
hughugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

sorry to hear of the progression of Lynn's disease, and the more it progesses, the more help the daughter needs. so glad you are able to help and it will be fun for a month doing your old volunteer jobs. keeps both of you lively, as does all the weed pullin.

Marie Smith said...

I particularly enjoyed the photos today! Gorgeous!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is wonderful what you are doing for other's. What a blessing you are. Hope you have a nice week and thanks for the lovely photos you shared.

Wanda said...

Thanks for the lovely pictures. How nice that on a cloomy day, a blue day, we can find something beautiful. One of the pitfalls of homeownership is yard maintenance. If I lived closer I would lend a hand.

sandy said...

You have definitely been busy. I know how it is being a caregiver for someone with Alzheimers. I did it for almost three months and I sure hope I never have to deal with that again. It's sweet at times but one is always on guard to make sure the person is okay and not wandering.