Wednesday, August 24, 2022

SEEING MY FRIEND AFTER 8 MONTHS

 My friend Julie and I finally made connections and got together for a chat...

We went to our local Starbucks and gabbed for 4 hours straight!!!!

It had been 8 months since we were together in person.  Covid and Life just kept getting in the way.

I couldn't wait to see her son too.

Samuel is 24 and is Downs Syndrome.

He's one awesome guy and gives the very best hugs.

I can't believe that I didn't take photos...too busy yaking I guess.

These photos are from our last time together at Christmas.






All the while Julie and I are talking, Samuel has his earphones and computer.

He watches selected movies and DIY shows.

That's one reason we like to go to Starbucks.  Lots of tables and internet access.

Most people in there were doing school or business on their computers while sipping away.

This was a really good day...


7 comments:

Linda said...

I love that you had such a good day! Your Samuel has such a beautiful smile!
What a blessing it is to spend some quality time with dear friends.....

Ginny Hartzler said...

You both have the same beautiful blue eyes.

MadSnapper said...

I am so happy you could get together with your friends. my friends and relatives are all hours and hours away from me so no visits. Samuel does have a beatuiful smile, just as you and your friend do

Hootin Anni said...

Samuel has the "look" of a high functioning boy with Down Syndrome... just like my grandson with Down's. It all sounds like a wonderful get together.

Marie Smith said...

One of the great pleasures in life is a leisurely chat with a friend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like you had a fun day.

sandy said...

How nice to get together with her and Samuel again. must have been so nice especially if you talked for four hours , wow. I do that on the phone with my sister sometimes and we are shocked when we do it. It goes so fast.